The Best Thing I Ever Did

"Tzuyu? Wh–What... What are you doing here?"

Chuyoung-Oppa looked shocked to see me here in the YG office. To be honest, I myself was surprised at just how determined I felt these past few days. My time with Twice was over, now it was time to join Chuyoung-Oppa and YG Entertainment, whatever that would mean for my career.

 My time with Twice was over, now it was time to join Chuyoung-Oppa and YG Entertainment, whatever that would mean for my career

"Hi, Oppa... I... I'm... I've decided. I'm joining YG," I said, sounding unsure.

Chuyoung-Oppa stared at me in disbelief. He walked slowly towards the door of his office and closed it behind me, before pulling up a chair for me in front of his desk.

"Hang on. Sit... Sit down. What... What made you decide?" he asked.
"I..."

I didn't know what to say. I hadn't really thought about this, but I knew this was a decision I had to make. I wanted to be as far away as possible from Nayeon-Unnie, I wanted her to know that I was an adult, able to make my own decisions. If that meant I should join YG, then so be it.

But more than that, more than my anger towards Nayeon-Unnie, I wanted to be as close as possible to Chuyoung-Oppa. I knew he was the one person who understood me, who genuinely cared for me, the one person who treated me with kindness and respect from the get go. I had never fallen in love with any man before, and I knew for a fact that I had fallen for him. Was it wrong for me to want to work in the same company with the person I loved?

"Are you alright, Tzuyu? You seem... Upset," Chuyoung-Oppa said. I shook my head.
"No, no... Why should I be sad when I'm about to sign a contract with my new company?" I said, forcing a smile.

Chuyoung-Oppa offered me a glass of water, before sitting behind his desk. He stared at my eyes, but somehow he looked sad. Why would he be sad? Wasn't it his mission to get at least one of us to join YG? Or was he sad because I was the only one who decided to move?

"Are you... Not happy... That I'm signing with YG?" I asked him. He shook his head.
"Well... Not exactly, but... I'm just... This is all so sudden... What made you decide to join us anyway?" he asked.

I took a deep breath. Should I say that the reason why I wanted to join YG was because I loved him and that I was angry at Nayeon-Unnie's nosiness? That would sound... Childish, wouldn't it? As if reading my mind, Chuyoung-Oppa leaned forward and gently grabbed my hand.

"Is it... Because of what Nayeon did in Singapore?" he asked carefully.

I shook my head and looked straight at his eyes.

"Not really, no. I want to join YG. I think joining the company will take my career into a whole new level," I said stubbornly.

I knew Chuyoung-Oppa didn't believe me, for he only stared at me silently. I smiled and slowly pulled my hand from his grasp. I took another deep breath and looked around his office. It was... Cluttered, to say the least. I chuckled.