Tomodachi

"Thank you for your hard work!"

We bowed down respectfully, thanking the production crew at the studio and the hosts of the show. We had just finished shooting our variety show episode today, and we had a great time laughing and talking with the cast members.

Momo skipped towards her boyfriend Kim Heechul, who was one of the cast members, and gave him a warm kiss on the lips.

"Momo-ya..." uttered Heechul embarrassedly. His fellow cast members jeered and laughed, poking fun at the two. Heechul's face blushed red, but Momo only smiled cooly, as usual.

"See you later, Oppa!" she said, kissing her boyfriend's cheek, before turning and walking towards us.

Mina chuckled next to me.

"Sometimes I wonder how Momo can be so confident in public," she said with her soft voice in Japanese. I looked at her.
"She's confident everywhere, Mina," I replied. Mina nodded and chuckled again.

Momo reached us and fling her arms around our shoulders. We walked arm in arm out of the studio towards the lobby of the building.

"So! What's next? Ansel?" Momo asked excitedly. I nodded.
"Mm! He told Mina earlier that he had booked a table at a nice sashimi restaurant in Itaewon," I said. Momo's eyes widened.
"Sashimi! Sugoi desu ne?" she exclaimed. Mina giggled.
"Hirai-ya! You just had sashimi two weeks ago!" she said. Momo pouted.
"It's two weeks ago already, Minari! It's time for another sashimi meal!" she said excitedly.

I laughed. It was nice to spend time with my fellow Japanese sisters every once in a while, talking freely in our mother tongue. We were so used to talking in Korean that I had forgotten some Japanese words, although to be honest it might be just me. Momo and Mina seemed to remember everything, especially Mina who spoke Japanese as eloquently as she spoke any other language.

"How are we gonna get there? It's quite far from here to Itaewon," pondered Mina.
"Yeah, the studio only promised us transport from our apartment to here for the shoot. Fucking cheap bastards..." Momo cursed them. Mina was startled.
"Language!" she scolded her. The black haired girl chuckled.
"No, seriously! How are we gonna get there? Are we supposed to hail a taxi?" she asked again.

I smiled as we exited the lobby, standing in another cold November day. The sun was setting, and the temperature was dropping again. I looked at the two girls.

"Come on, girls! We're Twice! Our new manager should be on his way to pick us up already!" I said.

My words made Momo and Mina remembered.

"Ah yes! Jihyo told us in the group chat! What's his name again?" asked Momo.
"Han Minsoo," said Mina.
"What do you think he'll look like?" I asked the girls.

Momo shrugged.

"Meh, I don't know... As long as he's competent, I don't mind if he's ugly," she said, taking out a cigarette box out of her bag and lighting up one. She offered the box to Mina and I, who chuckled and refused her. She knew we didn't smoke, but she kept offering us nonetheless.

"Jeongyeon said he's a lifelong Once," said Mina.

Momo inhaled her cigarette and puffed out a smoke cloud before turning to face her.

"Sodesuka?" she asked her, sounding surprised.
"I wonder who his bias is," I pondered out loud. Momo and Mina chuckled.
"Fuck you! You've got the most fans already!" said Momo, glaring at me. I laughed.
"Noo! You two have a lot of fans as well!" I said, deflecting the attention.

Mina smiled and grabbed my hand gently.

"I do think it's you, Sha," she said.
"Yeah, who can resist the cute 'Sha-Sha-Sha'," said Momo, mockingly copying my dance part from 'Cheer Up'. I couldn't resist a laugh.
"Not even Blackpink's Boyfriend can resist her," said Mina suddenly. Her words shocked me.
"Eeh?! We're just friends!" I exclaimed, feeling my face turned red.