Chapter 4

~Violet's POV~
So far we've been sitting on this bus for half an hour. I wonder where we're going. "Klaus where are we going," I ask. "I don't know, I would ask Brenner but he's not back yet," Klaus responded. What is taking Brenner so long? What could he possibly be doing that could take him half an hour?

I felt the bus take a sharp turn. I notice that we're going on a different path than all the buses. I start to get worried. "Klaus, why do you think we can trust Brenner?" I ask him. Klaus sighed then looked at me. "This might sound crazy but I heard a voice. The voice said trust him". I look at Klaus confused. "That's weird because I heard two voices. One was telling me to not go with Brenner and the other was telling me to get off the bus." Klaus looked at me shocked. "Really? Are you serious Violet?" I nod my head. "What does this mean?" he says. "I don't know but I know we have to get off this bus". Klaus was about to say something until we felt the bus come to a stop. "What's happening," I ask. Klaus simply shrugs. I look out the window and we seem to be at a farm? Why are we on a farm?

Suddenly, I see five men in black suits. They threw something onto the bus. Whatever they threw created a thick white smoke. I started to cough and cough until I couldn't. I felt dizzy like I was going to faint. Then, Everything went black.

~Cal's POV~
When we started to drive home, I started to think of everything that happened on the flight. I watched a movie, listened to my dad and aunt argue and I met Violet. Violet, I wonder how she is. Is she safe? I instantly remember something. Don't let her go. What does it mean? Was the man she left with going to hurt her? I hope-.

"Cal," my grandpa says pulling me out of my thoughts. "Yes?" I said. "Are you okay? You looked stressed." Who wouldn't be stressed in this situation I think to myself. "I'm fine" I reply. "Okay," he says not convinced.  "We're here," my mom says. I quickly get out of the car. I can't wait to go to my room and lie down.

As soon as my mom opened the door I ran to my room. "Wait Cal" I hear my mom say as I open the door to my room. All I see are boxes. All my stuff is gone. "Mom, what happened to all my stuff?" I asked. "We got rid of it. It was too painful to keep." She says in a hurt tone. I nod understandingly.

"How about we go shopping?" My dad said. "Ok," I say trying to sound excited.

~Violet's POV~
I begin to open my eyes slowly. I observe my surroundings. I'm in a hospital gown. I'm belted to a hospital bed. I'm in a dark and scary lab. I noticed more people in the same state as me. Except everyone is unconscious. I noticed my brother beside me. What the hell is going on.

"One of the subjects is conscious" I hear someone say. Subject? As in test subject? I see a figure come towards me. It's Brenner. "Hello Violet," he says. "Where am I?" I say angrily. "There's no need to worry about that now. All you need to know is that your very sick and we're trying to cure you" he said trying to sound trusting but I knew he was manipulating me. "Bullshit! I'm not sick!" I say loudly waking other people up including Klaus. I hear a groan from Klaus. "Violet? What's going on". "He kidnapped all of us and he's going to test us," I said. "That's enough! You are being very disrespectful Violet. I'm going to show you what happens when you're disrespectful." I look at Klaus worriedly. "Take her to the red barn," Brenner says. "No! Let her go! Take me instead," Klaus says as they start dragging me to the red barn.

When the guards threw me into the red barn they put restraints on me. They started hooking me up to this machine. Once the guard turned on the machine I started screaming in pain and agony. It felt like millions of needles sticking my body everywhere. Soon enough I had trouble breathing. "Stop! Please!" I said struggling. "Have you learnt your lesson" I hear Brenner say? "Yes! I'm sorry please stop" I say crying and begging. I feel the machine stop.

~No one's POV~

What Violet didn't know was that two people were feeling her pain. While Cal was waiting for was his parents to get ready to go shopping he started to feel the same pain as Violet. Cal screamed out in pain. Ben and Grace quickly made their way over to him. "Cal what's going on?" his dad says. "It hurts everywhere! Make it stop!". "Hold on we're going to-" Grace start but Cal stopped his screaming.

~Cal's POV~
Something's not right. It felt like I was being tortured. It felt like I was getting poked with one million needles. "Cal are you alright?" my dad asked. "What happened?" My mom asked. Before I could answer I saw her. Violet. Not in person but in my mind. She was in a hospital gown. She was screaming and crying. It looked like she was in pain. Was I feeling her pain?

«───── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ─────»
Thank you guys for 200 reads!

I hope both sides of your pillow are cold and that your phone charger always works <3

-Shanya