Chapter Three

Oliver had made dinner when I got home that night. I had given him a key to my apartment after about six months of dating. We were on month eight and I had to hand it to him; he stuck it out with me. Most guys around month three had dropped me because they were intimidated by my relationship with Bastian.

Not Oliver, he knew where he stood and I cared deeply for him, but I just couldn’t convince myself that I loved him. I don’t know if it ever showed and I never really have ever told him that I love him, but yet he sticks around. He’s the only guy who accepts me and my relationship with Bast for what it’s worth.

I know it may be cruel, and you could argue that I’m using Oliver, but really I’m not. I genuinely enjoy his company, he’s sweet , compassionate and understanding. All of the things a woman would want and none of things that Bastian was. I didn’t want to admit to myself that I was settling for Oliver since I couldn’t have Bastian. Oliver is good to me though, I’d be stupid to not see that, he definitely could be marriage material, but if it came to that, it might mean that I would have to finally give up on Bastian.

The apartment smelled wonderful! He cooked my favorite; Chicken Alfredo. I set my purse down and sat at my breakfast bar. His back was turned to me.

“The smell is spectacular Ollie!” I complimented as I took a sip of tea. Oliver turned around. He had dark brown hair and big blue eyes. He looks like Tom Welling, you know that guy from the T.V. show Smallville.  Looks he does not lack. He’s a total hottie! His blue eyes danced as a smile crept across his face. His cheeks flushed even more red.

“Anything for my best girl!” he pinched my nose. I smiled at him. Then he turned on the charm. “Well, at least my best girl for tonight!” I threw a napkin at him.

“Ha..ha…” I said sarcastically. He walked around and pulled me into his arms. He squeezed me in a big bear hug and pulled back.

“How was your day today beautiful?” We both sat back on the stools.

“They brought in a very sick baby today.” I trailed off and wrung my hands together. This was the one part about my job that was so heart wrenching. “Doctors don’t know if he’ll make it past two months. He has a massive tumor in his stomach. He’s only three months old. His parents are devastated!” I looked over at Oliver. His caring eyes just sat there and stared at me intently. This was another reason I cared about him so much; he listened.

“Wow, that is tough.” He commented. “Did you try to comfort them?” he asked still interested in my story. Had this been Bastian, he would have said it was too bad and moved onto what he did for the day.

“The mom was not having it. At this moment we just need to let them accept the news. Comforting will start in a few days.” I said sadly as I leaned back on the stool and stuck my legs out to stretch. Oliver stood up and came closer to me. He pulled me back into his arms and rubbed my back.

“Well if anyone can give them comfort, it will be you.” He assured as he continued to rub my back. Oliver was my rock and comfort why couldn’t I just tell him I loved him? I looked up at him and just stared but the words wouldn’t come out. He never questioned me. He just continued to be supportive and loving.

“Thanks Ollie…” I whispered quietly as I hugged him back. I pulled back from him and leaned up and gave him a kiss on the lips.

“Thank you…” he whispered sexily. I giggled. “Hey, why don’t you go shower and wind down a bit more and I’ll finish up dinner.” He suggested.

“Okay…” I trailed off and started walking to the room. I stopped and turned back around. Oliver stopped and looked at me. I walked back towards him and hugged him tight. “I…I...I care for you so much Oliver.” I hated myself for not saying love. Ollie took it in stride. He hugged me back just as tight.

“Me too beautiful; Me too.” I let him go and hurried into the room. The whole time I wanted to ram my head into the wall for holding back on him.

I ran the water and took off all my clothes. I let the scorching hot water roll down my back and legs. It felt good after a long day of being on my feet. I could hear my cell phone ringing and I just tried to ignore it. No Bastian tonight! This was Ollie’s night. I finished up in the shower and dried myself off. I put on a bra and panties and slipped on my favorite over sized t-shirt and pulled my hair up in a clip.

I waltzed into the living area, to see Ollie waiting on the couch with our dinner stands in front of the T.V. It was our night to watch our favorite cop series. Ollie’s eyes trailed from my feet up to my face and he smiled sexily.

“Well, we could miss dinner and the show tonight!” he teased and wiggled his eyebrows. I was feeling so bad about how I’m not saying the “L” word to him.  I almost gave in and jumped his bones right then and there. I didn’t give into the guilt. I just laughed it off.

“Well, I am a bit hungry. This..” I waved my hand up and down my body. “This will be here all night..” I teased sexily back. Ollie smiled his radiant smile and quickly sat at the couch.

“Let’s eat then.” He started digging into his plate as fast as he could. I laughed and sat down next to him and started digging in. I stopped and looked at him as he shoveled food into his mouth. He stopped and stared at me. “What?” he asked quizzically.

I put my hand on his cheek. “You, my dear Oliver, are the best!” I kissed his alfredo covered lips. I could feel his lips turn into a smile.

“Thanks beautiful” he whispered and kissed me back. His hand started creeping up my thigh and I reached for him and pulled him on top of me on the couch. He pushed open my legs and slipped his fingers inside of me. I moaned softly. I pulled off his shirt so I could nail at his back. He kissed my neck. I bit his. He moaned. He quickly pulled off his pants and underwear and I could feel his muscular body on mine.

He slipped off my giant shirt and ran his hands on my breasts. This only made me arch my back begging him to enter me. He thrusted in and my body exploded. Oliver was great at love making! He never rushed it and always made sure I finished first. We kissed passionately as our bodies rocked back and forth on the couch.

I could hear the phone ringing again. I knew who it was, but I wasn’t about to interrupt my little love fest with Oliver. My best friend would just have to wait.

“Your phone...” Oliver whispered in my ear as we rocked.

“Not sexy Ollie, I yelped out. Right now, I don’t care!” I said through moans.

“Now, that’s sexy!” he said happily as he continued to push inside of me. He definitely loves the moments I pick him over Bastian. In fact I love these moments. I feel so happy and loved. Bastian was the furthest thing from my mind.

After about another twenty minutes of hot sex, we finally laid there on the couch. I was engulfed in Oliver’s strong arms and sighing happily.

“Wow, I should make Alfredo more often.” He teased. “Sorry, I interrupted your dinner though.”

“Don’t apologize. I got a couple of bites in.” I pinched his chest.

“Ya you did.” He looked down at his stomach. His very chisled six pack had some huge hickey marks on them.

“Sorry...” I said sheepishly. He laughed quietly. I pushed up a bit and looked at Oliver.

“Oliver, I know I don’t say the “L” word and I’m sorry for that.” I touched his cheek again.

“Lola, that will come in time. I know you love me, that’s all that matters.” He said assuringly. This guy was definitely out of this world. How could I have gotten so lucky? I snuggled back onto his chest.

“I know you do Ollie.” I said quietly as I listened to the beat of his heart and closed my eyes.