Chapter 11 - I stole your heart, so now I'm satisfied

'So Kokichi isn't able to be the Phantom Thief.'

I stood in Kirigiri's office, while they sat behind her chair looking at me. I was currently trying to convince them that Kokichi was innocent, and it seemed to be going well.

'So, you were always with him on the nights of the crimes?'

I nodded. 'Yes. His roommates are really loud, so he spends most of his time at my apartment.'

Kirigiri sighed. 'Well, I guess it's no good suspecting Ouma any more... I usually wouldn't give up on a suspect so easily, but because I trust you... I know you wouldn't lie about something like this.'

'Yes, you can 100% trust me, Kirigiri,' I lied, nodding, 'I would never lie about a suspect.'

'Well, you may leave now. We will be continuing the Phantom Thief case, but it has been a while since they last stole something...'

'Two weeks,' I said.

'Yes, two weeks. In the past, they struck every week or so, whether it was a small place or a big place,' Kirigiri thought out loud, 'So hopefully they've stopped...'

'Hopefully...'

*****

It's been nearly a month since I officially started dating Kokichi, and everything is going amazing. I met the other members of his "organisation", and they were all extremely nice... except for the ones who threatened me...

Me and Kaede have "broken up", and I told my uncle about Kokichi. He's just as happy with him as he was with Kaede.

Since the Phantom Thief hasn't stolen anything since the museum incident, the investigation has slackened, so the risk of Kokichi being arrested is now almost gone.

'Hey, Shumai, what's wrong? You've been dramatically staring into the distance for the past five minutes.'

'Ah, oh, um, sorry,' I said, snapping out of my thoughts, 'I was just... thinking...'

'About what?' Kokichi asked, cocking his head to the side, 'We're meant to be on a date, so I hope it's nothing serious~'

'Heh, yeah...' I looked back at Kokichi, taking a sip of my coffee, 'Well... How is life now? I mean, now that you're not... you know...'

Kokichi nodded 'Yep, I know what you're getting at... It's fine. I earned enough money in the past to keep me and the others going!'

'No, I mean, are you happy?' I asked, staring at the smaller male.

'Shu...' he said softly, holding onto my hand, 'Of course I'm happy! I stole your heart, so now I'm satisfied...'

🎉 You've finished reading ɪ ꜱᴛᴏʟᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ꜱᴏ ɴᴏᴡ ɪ'ᴍ ꜱᴀᴛɪꜱꜰɪᴇᴅ || SAIOUMA 🎉