Chapter Sixteen: Mags

PAUL'S P.O.V.

"What? What's Maggie?" I ask Martyn. They didn't answer. "Where is she?!" I yell, stepping into their flat. "Tell me now!" I demand when they don't answer again. "We tried to calm her but couldn't. She-" "Calm her from what?" I ask, cutting him off. "She was ok for a while. Pet the cats, played a bit of DS. She never talked though. Then when we tried to talk to her about how she was feeling about Luna, she got....distant. She wouldn't look at us. She just stared at the floor. She didn't respond to anything. I went to grab her hand, only because I didn't know what else to do, and she freaked out. Jumped up from the couch and screamed." Steph tells me. She pauses. She's probably still in shock at Mag's action.

"She spoke for the first time." Martyn chimes in. "But she yelled 'Don't touch me.' We told her it was ok and she yelled 'No it's not. Nothing's ok. It will never be ok.' and she ran off to our room. We heard the door slam. When we went to the room the door was locked. We called for her and she said nothing. I got something to unlock the door and that's when we saw her." he says. His voice cracking. "Oh my god." I say. "She was..was." Steph tries to say but keeps breaking. "She was hanging from the ceiling." she finally gets out.

"What?!" I scream. "We got her down in time. She's still not awake yet though." Martyn assures me. "Where is she?" I ask. "Our bedroom." he replies. I look at Steph, who is sobbing. I walk over. "Hey, she's alive. You saved her." I say. "But she tried to..." she paused not wanting to say it. "While in our possession." she finishes. "Let's all check on her." Martyn suggests. I nod and we follow him to the bedroom.

"Oh god. Mags." I say and run to the bed and grab her. "Why didn't you guys call me?" I ask. "We didn't know how to tell you. It's hard to ring someone and say 'Hey how's it going? Yeah. Cool. So, you're kid tried to kill themself while we were babysitting.'" Martyn says. "And you didn't take her to the hospital?". I question next. "We didn't want to unless you were with us. Again, it'd be weird to ring you and tell you we were on our way the hospital with your suicidal child." he says. "Martyn." Steph chastises him.

I look at Mags. "You're not suicidal. Not my child." I deny. "Not my child." I repeat. Crying and pulling her close, realizing she needs help. "What do I do?" I ask softly. "Keep her safe." Steph says. "But what if me protecting her isn't enough?" I question. "Counseling?" she suggest. "That'll only make it worse." I say. "Maybe we should take the trip to America." Martyn says. "We need to get donations and we need to get them now."

***

"Live streams start tomorrow. Everyone schedule for a day or days. Clear your calendars if you need to. We need this money now. Once you're scheduled, upload a video about steaming, Tweet it endlessly. We stream every day until we have enough. We don't stop until we have the money we need. No matter what, you stream." I say to everyone as I hold an emergency meeting. Everyone nods. "Now, write down your name and people you're streaming with on the board and get ready." I tell them as I point to the white board beside me. Trott walks up and writes their names down for the first day. And he writes 'Hat' down on multiple other days.

Everyone else comes up and figures out their days. "What about you?" Hannah asks. "I can't. I'll break down too much on stream. Plus, I haveto watch Maggie." I tell her. "Who's watching her now?" she asks next. "Sparklez* has her in the studio. She's been calm around him." I say. She nods and writes her name down a few more times. "Well, that's the whole month of April filled out. Thanks guys." I tell them as I look at the names written all over the board.

SPARKLES'* P.O.V.

"So, wanna sing something?" I ask Maggie as I sit with her in the studio. She slightly shakes her head. "C'mon Mags." I whine. "Say something." I say and it gives me an idea.

"And I am feeling so small. It was over my head. I know nothing at all" I start to sing. "And I will stumble and fall. I'm still learning to love. Just starting to crawl. Say something, I'm giving up on you. I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you. Anywhere I would've followed you. Say something, I'm giving up on you." I pause and she starts to tear up. "Maggie, I know you're hurting. But you're hurting all of us. We're here for you. We always will be. Just please come back." I plea.

"I just want to be alone." she says. "Why?" I ask. "Because I am alone. I lost her. She was my family. And I've lost her." she tells me. "And we've lost you. You're our family. We're all missing a part of ourselves and it's you. We need you back." I beg. "Look, I know you cared about her. I know you loved her but we care about you. You're scaring us. We're here and she's not. We are righthereand always will be. Sheleft. And now you have too. Sitting and pouting about it won't help. You need to stand up and realize there's more than just Luna. There's Kim, Duncan, Hannah, Lewis, Martyn, Steph, Trott, Ross, Alex, Parv, Kogie, Leo, me, your dad.Weare here and every single one of us care about you. And we need you to be here." I tell her

"You're a dick!" she shouts. "What?!" I exclaim. "I'm not sitting and pouting about it." she says. "What the hell are you doing then?" I ask. She hesitates. "I don't know." she tells me. "See, if Luna doesn't want to be here and talk to you or call you than she doesn't deserve to. Because we will. The Yogscast is your family." I tell her. She hugs me and I feel her sob.

"Shhh, it's ok. I'm here. I always will be." I say. I see Paul in the doorway and mouths 'Thanks you'. I nod and hold Maggie. He walks away and I start to sing to her quietly.

"I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole...diggy diggy hole. Diggy diggy hole..."

IT'SSHORTBUTIFEELLIKEI'VEGOTTENA LOTOUTINTHISCHAPTER. HOPEYOUENJOYED. DROPAVOTEANDACOMMENT IF YOUDID. ILEAVETHECHAPTERINYOURHANDSBOOM. DOWHATYOUMAY. UNTILMYNEXTCHAPTER, IT'SAGOODBYEFROMME-LITTLETROTT.