Chapter 10

Your POV

"Y/n! Y/n!" I hear someone call me.
I turn around to see some newsie, he looks like he's from Brooklyn.
"What do ya want?"
"Spot sent me" he explains.
"Oh great" I groan "what does he want?"
"He wanted me to tell you that he's sorry"
"And he couldn't tell me that himself?" I ask
"You don't understand he-"

"Y/n!!" I hear David's voice behind me.
"What is it David?" I ask him.
"We need you at Dentons apartment, right now" he explains.
"Let's go then"

I turn around to the kid from Brooklyn, but he's already gone. Weird. Honestly, if Spot has something to say to me, he can say it himself. He shouldn't sent some kid over to do all the work for him.

We arrive at Dentons apartment to see David's sister; Sarah, Les and Jack?!

"What's the scabber doin here?!" I yell out.
"Y/n, we'll explain later. We need to get printing right now" Denton explains.

"Printing?"

"We're gonna print an article that'll show the world that the Newsies are not gonna back off" Jack explains with a grin.

Jack takes us to where Pulitzer had let him sleep, an old printing room. He turned the light on to reveal a huge printing press. Now we just gotta start the process of writing.

"This is the story you wanted to write, well tonight is the night that you can" Denton sings.

"Just get this done and by dawn's early light you can finish what you began" I sing along

"This time we're in it to stay" David adds

"Think about seizing the day" Sarah sings.

"Think of that train as she rolls into 'ol Santa Fe" Jack sings while looking at me. "Tell her I'm on my way"

We finish printing and we're handing the papes to the Newsies, who are gonna hand them out around the city.

"I need to do something" I tell to Race.
"What ya gonna do?" He asks.
"You'll find out soon enough, just cover for me please" I beg him.
"Fine"

So I start running, all the way to Brooklyn.

Time skip

"I need to talk to Spot" I say to one of the Newsies that is guarding the docks.
"I'm not letting ya through, Kelly"

"Let them in" I hear a voice say. I smile to myself, it's Spot. I walk over to him and give him a small nod.

"The strike is back on." I tell him.
"What? How?" He asks
"We printed out our own papes, to show the city what we're capable of doing" I explain.
"Looks like Brooklyn is back onto the strike then" he smiles. I nod at him and start to walk away again.

"Wait y/n" he calls, I face him again.
"I'm sorry" he begins "what I did was wrong, I should have stayed. The truth is: I was scared, I was scared people where gonna find out about us and that you'll realise what an idiot I actually am." He apologised.
"It's okay Conlon." I smile at him and give him a hug.

"You are an idiot tho" I giggle
"But I'm your idiot"