Chapter 4

Declan and Alex had just reached the main buildings when Jordan, Dix, and Bear  burst out the doors.

      "What happened!" Dix demanded, her eyes wide with worry.

That shocked Alex into action.

      "Kaiden! We need to go help Kaiden!" Alex said frantically.

Declan took charge of the situation and pushed Alex back onto the snow.

      "No Alex," Declan said forcefully, "You guys are staying right here, and I am going to go help Kaiden."

With those words he ran off into the snow.

After a moments hesitation Bear and Jordan rushed after him. Alex was about to stand and go join them but, Dix grabbed her arm and back down.

      " Dix, we have to go help him!" Alex exclaimed, close to tears now.

      "You won't be helping anybody in that state of mind," Dix replied calmly, "I want you to take five deep breaths, in through your nose and out through your mouth."

Alex let out a huff of impatience but, did what Dix asked.

      "So, do you feel more calm now? "

      "Yes," Alex relented, "Now can we go!?"

When Dix and Alex got to the site of the fight things were starting to look bad for the imposter Kaiden. When Alex arrived and summoned A'enara he just took one look at the flaming sword another at the determined look on Alex's face, then fled back into the forest.

Immediately, Kaiden collapsed, Alex rushed to his side.

      "Kaiden! KAIDEN! Answer me Kaiden! Wake up!"

      "We better get him to the med ward," Declan said his voice overflowing with concern.

He picked Kaiden up and started to make his way to the med ward. Alex walked next to him holding Kaiden's hand. The others trailed behind, only a solemn silence could be heard.

A/N I'm sorry this chapter took so long to publish. Please vote if you are enjoying my story.