1

Ginny was mad. So, so, mad. It wasn't enough that earlier this summer, Fred, George, and Ron decided to invite her crush over without so much as a warning, they just had to tease her about him, too! Right in front of him, in fact!

I hate them, I hate them, I hate them! It's always either me or Percy they tease, and now that Percy's shut himself off, it's just me! What did I ever do to be cursed with 6 older brothers?

She angrily made her way to her bed, only to hit her foot on her cauldron and knock it over, causing the books piled in it to spill all over the floor.

Oh dear Merlin she wanted to scream.

Scowling, Ginny put the books back in her cauldron, but she stopped when she saw a ratty, black book. She inspected the cover first, but it was quite plain save for the gold engraving on the bottom right corner.

Anger slowly made way for curiosity.

T. M. Riddle? A brand, maybe?

She flicked through the book, but was met with blank pages.

Oh! Did Mum actually get me a diary? I thought she wouldn't with all the Lockhart books we had to get.

Ginny ran up to her desk, book in hand, hurriedly pulling out a quill and a pot of ink.

◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️

Dear...

◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️

Oh Merlin, what am I doing? It's my diary, right? I don't need to start off with this cheesy nonsense... What do I even write? Oh! An introduction! I think people do that, and anyway, even if they don't, it is my diary.

◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️

D̶e̶a̶r̶...

My name's Ginerva Weasley. Or Ginny, I suppose.

Hello, Ginny, I'm Tom. How exactly did you come across my diary?

◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️

Ginny dropped her quill, her hand flying to her mouth in an attempt to muffle her scream.

Did Mum really splurge on one of those diaries charmed to give advice? This... It could be nothing. Maybe it's her way of apologizing for Fred and George? She's done things like it before!

◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️

I found you in my Hogwarts things.

Was I in a bookstore, then?

I think? I'm not too sure...
Oh! Are you someone else's?

I was, but they haven't written in centuries. I've been trapped for far too long.

I should give yo

No, I'm perfectly content being in your possession.

But it's the right thing to do!

I'm sure they won't miss me. It's been fifty years since they last wrote.

Truly? I always wanted a diary! Unless, you rather I not pour my heart into you? I do have some... disturbing thoughts sometimes. It's alright if you don't want to hear them. Tom's a boy name, so you must be a boy, and most boys don't want to hear an eleven-year-old girl's thoughts. My brothers don't. I understand if you don't want me to write in you like you were a diary– we can be friends, instead!