I L L U S I O N

"NEHAN," AMARA'S VOICE echoed in his ears

"NEHAN," AMARA'S VOICE echoed in his ears. He shifted in his sleep as another whisper of his wife followed the previous one. The torrential, pouring rain hit on the glass of the windows striking against it savagely whispering destruction. The wax of the candle on the vanity table had long dried pelting on its body towards its base.

"Nehan, wake up." Another whisper sounded in his ears rendering his eyes to flew open at the familiar sound. "Amara," his lips murmured soundlessly. His eyes were striking crimson, bathed in the colour of blood due to the sleep. He lifted his head from the pillow and groaned at the aching muscles of his body.

Nehan stretched his limbs to get rid of the stiffness and sat up in his place. His mind was bleary due to sleep which vanished into thin air as he heard another whisper, "Yes, love. It's me, Amara." A shadow loomed around him in the darkness of the night as it caressed his cheeks with a feathery touch hushing in his ears again.

The touch trailed from his stubble following the path on his neck and his chiselled chest, sculptured into a pattern screaming of the years of hard work he had done. His breathing became irregular with a hazy mind, and he found himself getting off the bed.

Nehan hissed at the contact of cold wooden floor against his feet as he donned his discarded tunic and wore his slippers. The dark shadow caressed his hair and his skin, murmuring in his ears to follow it.

Nehan found his feet saunter in the steps of the shadow, hypnotising his entire being. Closing the door of his room behind him softly, he ambled in the hallways of the enormous villa. The cloud of gloom flew effortlessly in the labyrinth of hallways, into intricate passages and blind alleys, bordered by the wooden walls casting none of the windows or doors.

It submerged into the tortuous arrangement of corridors after corridors with every turn they took and no path of return. It is said that the labyrinth symbolizes the pathway followed by the dead to reach the world of spirits.

Nehan trudged along the single, massive long path behind the looming shadow that gently stroked him often, mumbling lovingly in his ears as it inveigled the man captivating him in its hold making him lose any sense residing in him.

They stopped in front of the door and the shadow disappeared into thin air. With mist clouding his senses, Nehan found himself reaching for the knob of the door and he twisted it, opening the wooden barrier towards the heaven that resided behind it.

A swirl of heavenly vanilla and sandalwood wafted in the air as various scented candles were placed in the room, lightening up the darkness. Bouquets of Gardenia and Yellow Tulips were located around a canopy of bed. The curtains hanging around the structure of bed were sheer, the silhouette of a woman dressed in yellow highlighted from behind them.

His heart thudded wildly as he entered the room, inhaling the refreshing fragrance of passion lingering around him and made his way towards the bed. His took slow gentle steps towards the canopy bed shielding the deity behind them.