Breakfast in bed is a way to say good morning

Light peaks through blinds, offering a good morning call. You slide away from your piece of sunlight who lay next to you, still slow and asleep. It'll only be a bit until the light seeps into their eyes, so you do yourself a favor by closing the blinds to prevent an uproar from a rather peaceful face. Popping out of your room, you sneak over to the kitchen; you can imagine their face now, lighting up to the smell of their favorite morning dish having been fed to them in bed. Talk about romantics. The songs of birds caress the wind as they swim through your comfortable apartment. Small and comfortable, a home you'd both made for yourselves. The plants can't help but make you feel a smile tug against your face.

"Dear?" Slow and dreary, your heart melts into a pile. "What are you making?" Their voice sounds closer now; unfortunately, your breakfast in bed plans have been - foiled. You turn to meet eyes you've never gotten tired of, eyes that offered reassurance in every glance. Their face shines bright enough to rival the sun. They've now recognized what you're pouring your heart into.

Suddenly, you're gifted with one of your most favorite things, their grin. It's so bright out now, though you can't tell if it's just their presence that makes it all seem so much brighter now.

"It's so earlier, get some more rest with me, 'could work on this later, you know? Besides--"

"I know, I know," you laugh, but you're promptly cut off by a smell. The food, it's been neglected, now, burning far more than your cheeks are.

"It's burning.."

"Now you remind me?" The pan slides off the head, and you flick the switch off.

"Not my fault you got distracted. (It's not going to start a fire anyway)." A shrug taunting you to follow.

"*Scoff* Good morning to you too, then."

"Let's cook something together later, it'll be a lot more fun, plus I'll be able to watch over you this time."

"Mmm, fine, let's go to bed again after I finish cleaning this, please?"

"Just was about to suggest that." 

---

A/N - Not sure how far this one will go, but I hope you like it; if there are any suggestions or things I should see to work on in my writing, please let me know! I'd like to be the best I can be.