(2117 words)

"You've got me nervous to speak
So I just won't say anything at all
I've got an urge to release
And you keep tellin' me to hold on."

Violet Miller

I keep my eyes on the plain wall, the sound of Louis softly tapping something against the floor. I can't fall asleep with him in the room, I was only able to fall asleep with Zayn because he was gently cooing me into a deep sleep. I don't know how he managed to get me to be as calm as I could be around him since he seems to be the one that hates me the most but either way, I was comfortable enough to fall asleep. With Louis, I am wide awake.

"I can see you moving Violet, go to sleep."

I gulp, attempting to freeze my entire body and keep myself as still as possible to give the impression that I am in fact asleep.

"Fucking.." Louis sighs and I hear him stand up from the rickety chair. He walks over to the bed and I felt the mattress indent as he laid himself back down next to me. "Look at me,"

Dammit..

I slowly turn myself towards him, keeping my eyes low so I don't catch a glimpse of his eyes. I know he's angry and I'm too scared to look him in the eyes and look into the window of his anger.

"I said look at me," He repeats, seeming to want me to look him in the eyes. The one thing I did not want to do, he was telling me to do.

I breathe in deeply, trying to prepare myself for the sight of burning hot rage in those eyes of his. I trail my eyes up the large blanket, connecting our gazes. The green of his eyes wasn't visible, a dark shadow covered the only color in them. His thin cherry lips parted slightly and his hair was a mess.

"Okay.." He whispers, with the lack of volume in his tone- I could tell he was trying to calm me down.

I pull the blanket back up to my chin, trying to cover myself up as much as I could. Shifting into a random position as I try to keep myself at a low panic level. I glance at his hands that were laid flat on the mattress, his blacked-out finger softly laid on the white sheets.

"Um.. do you wanna know something?" He asks in a low tone, trying to fill up the silence that was growing between us.

I look up at him. "We ordered somethings for your room, we were told that you like butterflies so we got mainly butterfly things." He explains.

"Thank you.." I whisper back, not feeling very happy at the idea of decorating my room because it just means that I'm not leaving anytime soon.

"Do you like butterflies?" He hesitantly asks, giving me a hopeful look.

I nod, I actually love them. They are one of the main things my dad and I bonded over when I was a little kid. He used to take me to the large meadow not far from our house and we would try and catch butterflies and dragonflies just to let them go.

"Okay, good." He gives me such a small smile that it was as if he was purposely trying to hide it, biting his bottom lip as his eyes dart around my face. Then I realized something. Birds kill butterflies. He was a bird.

He must've caught onto the realization in my eyes because his brows furrowed, "What?" He asks in a low voice.

"Nothing," I dismiss the thought and wipe the expression off my face.

"Tell me," He whispers.

I was surprised that he was asking twice, it was just a thought I had. Nothing extremely funny or interesting. "I just realized that I love butterflies and you.." I trail off, I didn't exactly know how to explain it.