Chapter Twenty Two

Chris' POV
Okay, my mind has been racing on this plane ride ever since Imani and Trey stepped on. I want this trip to go as smoothly as possible but I'm still worried that Imani will say something to Mel about what happened last week.
For the record, I didn't even want that shit to go down the way it did. I didnt even want it to happen at all! Ashley's jealous ass was still upset that Mel showed up to the office with my arm around her and Ashley wanted that to be her. She had been coming to my office wearing the sexiest outfits and bending over in front of me to try and get me aroused. Then on that day without warning she had her hands all up on me and before I knew she had my dick in her mouth. As crazy as it sounds.
But I didn't mean for all that to happen. Ashley seduced me! I would NEVER, and I mean NEVER purposely cheat on Melanie. I like her too much to disrespect her like that.
Trey on the other hand, hates me. He ain't tryna hear a word I'm sayin and even though I understand why, I wish he'd know I'm just tryna keep it one hundred with him. I know I lie to women alot, even though its usually just to keep the peace, but he should know that I'd never lie to him. He's the only true friend I have.
Christmas is in two days and we're only her for five so if I can keep Imani quiet then we'll all have a nice time on this trip, but if ole girl opens her mouth then I'm gonna make her life hell. Simple.
When we landed in L.A, we immediately had our driver drive to one of our guesthouses. This is the one my mother had hand picked and decorated. We rarely ever used this house I think I've only been inside 5 or 6 times but it'll have to do for this vacation.
Once all of our things were brought inside. I grabbed the keys to the orange Lambo sitting in the garage and began walking towards the garage door.
"Chris where you headed?",Trey asked.
"I got some business I need to take care of then I'mma head over to the hospital Mel works at."I answered.
"Oh aight."
I walked into the garage and hopped into the slick ride and headed out. I better go check on the baby mama and see if she aight. Damn, you know I never thought that I would ever be a baby daddy. At least it's with a good woman like Candace, I can't imagine having a crazy woman mothering my seed.
Within minutes, I pulled up to the familiar medium sized brown house. Her white Camry was parked in the same spot it has always been in and the green grass was freshly cut. The white rose bush was the perfect accent to her nice house. Some things just never change.
I had stopped at the florists before I came here and pick up a dozen of Candace's favorite flowers, purple tulips. I stepped out of my car and walked up to her doorstep and rand the doorbell, something I hadn't done in a LONG time. I used to have the key and would walk in and out as I pleased.
The door swung open and Mrs.Hopkins' eyes widened. She raised her hands and I flinched because I thought she was going to hit me for showing up at her doorstep. But when I didn't feel anything I opened my eyes to her smiling.
"H-how you doin Mrs.Hopkins?",I stuttered.
"Chris!" she smirked "What a surprise. Come gimme a hug boy! It's been ages."
I awkwardly stepped into the house and leaned down and gave her a hug.
"I knew you'd come back for her. The Lord has answered my prayers."
"Uh, actually i just came to see hows she doing. Is she here?"
She looked at bit disappointed then said,"Yeah, she's up in her room."
"Thanks.",I said dashing up the very familiar staircase. Ha! I remember when she let me hit it on the stairs. That was when the house was still knew and she wanted to break it in.
I walked up to the closed door at the end of the hall and twisted the doorknob and slowly walked in the big room. She was laying on her bed sleeping peacefully. She looked as beautiful as ever especially with that pregnant woman glow.
Her seven month baby bump was huge. I leaned down and planted a kiss on it. Candace slowly fluttered open her eyes and yawned,"Hm, Chris? What are you doing here? Arent you supposed to be in Detroit?"
"My brother and his girl and I decided to come down her for Christmas. We'll be in town for five days."
She sat up,"That's great. Where you staying?"
"One of our guesthouses."
She nodded and pointed to the flowers,"Are those for me?"
"Yeah girl, I know these are your favorite. I remember."
She accepted the tulips and sniffed them,"Thank you, you're so thoughtful Chris."
I sat down on the bed beside her and asked,"Did you get the money I sent you?"
She widened her eyes and nodded,"Oh I got it. Why'd you send 30 g's for some baby clothes?"
"What, you need more?",I asked in a serious tone.
"More? Hell no Chris. You sent way more than enough for some baby clothes. I also bought a crib, a car seat, toys, all that shit."
"Can I see the toys?"
She giggled,"How did I know you were gonna ask that question?"
She stood up from the bed and waddled over to her closet and pulled out a few bags from inside. I rushed over and said,"Lemme help you with that. You aint supposed to be doin too much anyways."
I pulled out the bags and Candace looked at e in shock and asked,"When did you become such a gentleman Christopher? Looks like Detroit has really changed you."
I sighed,"Candace about what happened betwe-"
"Say no more Chris. I understand."
I scratched my head and asked,"Hey how about I take you out to dinner tonight. You can bring your mom too."
"I think you're forgetting who my mom is Chris. Now that she knows you're in town she's probably making a big ass dinner right now. Oh, and since you said your'e brother and his girlfriend are in town too, you should bring them as well."
I nodded,"Sounds good."
"Great.",she smiled.
I looked at all the baby's toys and clothes and a big smile crept across my face. It hasn't really hit me until now that I'm gonna be a father. I can't wait until I can look into the eyes of a mini me.
I looked at my watched "Oh, I'd really love to stay awhile longer but I have to be somewhere. I got some business to take care of I'll be back around 7 for dinner."
"Okay.", she nodded. I gave her a big hug and kissed her forehead then hurried out of her room and downstairs.
The second I reached the front door, Mrs. Hopkins stopped me and asked,"Leaving so soon? I was hoping you'd stay for dinner."
"Oh I'll be back, I just have some business to handle.",I answered.
"Okay."
I dashed out of the house and hopped into the Lambo and headed over to White Memorial hospital. I stopped at the gift shop and picked up a dozen red roses. I walked over to the front desk and the receptionist popping her gum adjusted her wig and flattened down her edges then said,"How can I help you handsome?"
I smirked and let out a soft chuckle,"I'm looking for a nurse by the name of Melanie Blake, can you tell me where she is?"
"Who wants to knows?",she said as he eyes lowered from my face to my package.
That's a good question. Mel and I ain't together, we just together. Like she ain't my girlfriend but she aint just a friend.
"Um, just tell her Chris Brown is- no just tell her Simba is here.",I smiled at my cleverness.
"Simba? As in the Lion King Simba? ,she chuckled.
"Just tell her that please."
"Alrighty then.",she said as she picked up the phone.

Melanie's POV
I was in the middle of my break when the third floor receptionist came into the breakroom and said,"Melanie, Dana said someone on the first floor named Simba is here to see you."
"Simba? What the hell?",I asked with my mouth full of the fresh pineapple that I was eating.
"Yeah" she shrugged "You want me to tell her to tell him to leave?"
"Wait him? Oh shit, Simba!",I sprang up from my seat and practically ran out of the room and into the elevator. Once the door closed with me inside, I pressed 1 and excitedly waited until I arrived onto the first floor.
Once the door slid open I spotted none other than Chris standing there with his usual goofy yet sexy grin. I ran over to him and practically jumped on him and attacked his pink soft lips that I'd missed oh so much.
"Damn girl! I ain't know you missed me that much!",he said as I sucked on the side of his face.
I grabbed his lips towards mine and kissed him once more. Just the feel of his lips on mine was enough to let a moan escape my mouth. Sure we were in public, in a hospital to be exact, but I didn't care.
"Mel we in public.",he whispered.
I groaned and jumped off of him. "Sorry, but you don't even know how much I've missed those lips Chris."
He licked his lips and pulled me in close by my waist and whispered,"Is that all you missed?"
I laughed and shoved him back by his chest. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and asked,"What are you doing here Chris? You never told me you'd be coming."
"Really? Because I could've sworn I mentioned it before.",he joked.
"No you didn't. But did you come to L.A. just to see me?"
"Yeah and I had some business to handle out here too. We're here for five days."
"We?",I cocked my head to the side.
"Yeah Trey and Imani.",he shrugged.
"Imani's here too? Oh my goodness this is gonna be the best Christmas ever!",I shrieked and jumped up and down.
Dana cleared her voice behind us,"Excuse me Nala and Simba, but this is a hospital so gone with all that shit somewhere else."
I nodded,"Sorry. Chris, come with me I wanna introduce you to one of my friends."
I grabbed his hand and led him into the elevator up to Ms.King's floor and over to her room. I gave the door a slight knock and waited until she said "Come in!"
I walked in first and she smiled and said,"Melanie, I wasn't expecting to see you again until tomorrow."
"I know but I wanna introduce you to someone special."
I pulled Chris into the room and shut the door behind him. "Ms.King, this is Chris. Chris this is Ms.King."
Chris smiled and waved,"How ya doin Ms.King?"
She smiled,"I'm good now that you're in here. Whew! Melanie baby he is fine! Where did you say you met him again?"
"The auction."
"Well I'm gonna go to the next auction so I can find me a sexy man like that."
Chris and I chuckled. The three of us engaged in small talk and then I checked my watch and saw that I had to return to work because my break was over.
When we stepped out of Ms.King's room, Chris asked,"What time do you get off work?"
"In like an hour. Around 7 or so. I was thinking when I get off we could go out to dinner or something just the two of us.",I smiled.
He placed a hand on my should and the other hand tilted my chin up and he looked me in my eyes,"As nice as that sounds Mel, I can't."
I crinkled my face,"Why not?"
He sighed,"I have something important to do tonight."
"More important than me?", I pushed his and away from my face and off my shoulder.
"No! It's complicated. It was all last minute an-"
"Whatever. I gotta get back to work."I said walking away from him.
"Mel wait! How about we hang out a little later?"
I ignored his suggestion and kept walking to my next patients room.