7: I'll keep you safe.

He jumped so high, so fluidly

He jumped so high, so fluidly. You remembered back to that first time you saw his serve right in front of you. Still, it was somehow more impressive when put on the court during a real game.

His presence didn't shrink despite the size of the court he was standing on. He still appeared huge. He was still very clearly the Ace of Karasuno.

Maybe it was stupid to follow him and the rest of the Karasuno team all the way to Tokyo once they made nationals, but you couldn't help it. It was a long train ride and some extra money for a hotel, but the amount of volleyball you got to see made it worth it.

Not to mention being able to see him in all of his glory.

Every once in a while, you would see him glance back and smile a sheepish grin. Maybe you were helping him play. You liked to think there was that chance.

The two of you had been continuing to go on small dates and hold hands and always stand a little too close together. It was never said that you were actually dating, but when someone asked if he was your boyfriend after he walked away, you couldn't help but say yes.

There were a couple points when you watched him turn away adoring girls with a nervous look and some nervous words. You didn't know for sure if it was because of you that he was saying no, but you liked to think it was.

You knew this was the last game of his day. He had texted you right before it that he wanted to see you that night. "Tokyo seems so pretty, do you want to walk together?"

Your heart fluttered at those words and every time you thought about them after. Tokyo was truly gorgeous. much different than back home in Miyagi. The walks with him were nice whenever you were walking through the streets around your house, you couldn't imagine how good it would be through such a beautiful area.

He refused to allow you to walk out of your hotel by yourself to meet him at the rooms that his team was staying in, so you waited patiently on the white sheets of your hotel room's bed in a nice, but comfortable outfit.

It wasn't too long after his texting that signalled that he was heading out that you heard a soft knock on your door. You got up excitedly, too hyped up to be nervous. You wanted to see him, especially after that display he had put on today. Him playing made you realize how attracted you were to him more and more every time.

You opened the door and looked up to see him. With a smile you said, "Hello!"

"Hi," he responded, a smile gracing his lips. He was starting to look more comfortable with you. You could tell from his hands hanging at his side instead of wringing around each other like he usually had them. Maybe it was from a good day of games, but he had a different air around him. He was radiating more confidence. "You look gorgeous"

You were taken aback by his comment. He had never so directly complimented you. You were the shy one now. "Thank you," you said quietly as you looked up at him and laughed to try and relieve your own tension. He is so pretty.