2: Don't think too much.

The misses were piling up again along with your frustration

The misses were piling up again along with your frustration. The second night of you staying behind long after anyone else with no help. It was already getting old and this wasn't even a long occuring situation.

Every once in a while you would chuck a ball with a grunt or a scream. It seemed to help whenever you could feel the tears building in your eyes. It was hard to even feel confidence in yourself as you watched the ball go out again and again. How could you be an ace if you wouldn't be able to hit a single service ace?

Your tunnel vision was creeping in again and you were instantly transported into your own world of determination and frustration with no way of getting out.

You had no concept of time in this world. This world gave you nothing to think about except for the ball in front of you. That is until you saw a figure out of the corner of your eye walking towards you. You stopped mid motion, right before you tossed the ball into the air.

"Hello, uh, I didn't mean to bother you," he said quickly, bringing his hands together in front of him as he wrung them through each other. "I just saw you practicing and thought you might need a second set of eyes, but I can go if that seems too weird-"

You looked at the boy in front of you. Of course you recognized him as a member of the boys' team instantly. He was the big one that you always saw in the halls at school. You had always been jealous of his height and obvious power. Was it odd to be approached like this by him out of the blue? Yes. Were you grateful for another human being to even interact with at all? Of course.

After a second, you smiled at his sheepish introduction. "I actually really could use someone to help me out. Thank you, uh-"

"Asahi," he said. "Asahi Azumane."

"Thank you, Azumane-san," you said with a smile.

His eyes widened. "Asahi itself is just fine I swear."

"Well, then (y/n) is just fine for me," you said, holding out your hand. "I'm (y/n) (l/n)."

He shook your hand that you had extended, which made you realize how sweaty they were. "Oh, god, I'm so sorry about that," you said as you took it back and wiped it off on your t-shirt.

He laughed a bit before shaking his head. "That's okay. I can deal with sweat. Now, do you want to work on that serve I saw you doing? I think you're making a similar mistake to what I did before which is why I came over here- Oh, god, wait, does that sound rude? I didn't mean it like that-"

"No, it's okay!" you cut him off before he could get even more nervous. "This is actually exactly what I needed."

The sheepish smiles and laughs shared between the two of you for the next few reps of your serve made you blush a bit. It was verging on awkward with the way that both of your personalities were, but it was almost a comfortable awkwardness. In no way did he make you nervous despite the fact that he was tall and intimidating.