Chapter 22

Against my better wishes, security has gone up around the house

Against my better wishes, security has gone up around the house. Mariella is staying in the house for another few weeks even though her house is all ready to be moved into. I am overly annoyed. Someone I thought I erased from my life is still affecting me years later. It's irritating. 

Why can't I just be happy? At least I have Jamaica to look forward to. Jeremy and Marcus will be accompanying me while airport security will stay here with Anya, Mariella, and Angela.

The increase in security has literally driven me crazy. I should be focused on meeting with Jeremy's real estate agent today. Apparently, she got a good offer on my house, but no. Instead, I am currently standing in my sponge bob slippers in the living room with Anya on my side yelling at two idiot security guards who roughed up the mail guy, and now I don't have two of my packages for my trip. I leave for Jamaica in like 4 days.

I know I look ridiculous but I am tearing them new assholes. 

"One of you better find my fucking package or you can fly to England and pick me up a new dress from the store I ordered it from. And it better be here in 2 hours. Figure out a way to get to London and back in two hours. I don't know how you will do it, you better fucking teleport or something! Get the fuck out of my face!"

They are looking at me with amusement on their faces. If I throw my sponge bob slipper at one of their heads I bet they would stop laughing at me. 

Fuck it.

I reach for my shoe when I hear a voice boom through the house.

"Samantha." 

I whip my head around with an irritated-looking Jeremy with his arms folded.

Bitch why are you irritated? You ain't lose a dress.

 It's almost as if he knew what I was going to do. Dude needs to mind his business.

I whip my head back around to roll my eyes at the security guards. I hike Anya up properly on my hip and stomp away. I walk past Jeremy and go straight up to my bedroom. I put Anya in her playpen and collapse into the bed letting out a grunt of frustration.

"You can't throw shoes at the security guards," he said with amusement in his voice.

"You can kiss my ass. I needed that dress for the wedding Jeremy."

"I'll buy you 5 more dresses," he shrugs.

"I can buy my own dresses," I grumble.

"I know that," he says rubbing the back of his neck. "Look I just want to apologize for every single time I accused you of wanting my money."

"Why are you telling me this?" I sit straight up immediately. He twists his lips into an unsure face.

"I umm, was going over things with the real estate agent and,"