Epilogue

“Close your eyes, Crys,” he whispered into my ear.  Closing my eyes, I smiled, remembering the first time he told me to open them.  It was so long ago when he showed me the little pond fairies.

            “What are you smiling about?” He asked as his fingers gently laced through mine.

            “That just reminded me of the first time you sang that incredible song and brought the little fairies out for me.”

            “Aw, you still remember that?”
            “I could never forget that, Victor.  Now, what was it you were going to show me?”

            “Right, I almost forgot.  First, I need you to take a deep breath.”

            I released a dramatic sigh.  “Next?”

            “Focus your thoughts solely on the moon.  We’re bringing it to the sky, remember?” 

            “The moon…the moon…it’s…moony…” I chuckled.

            “Of course it is, sweetheart,” he returned the laugh.  “But think of real words describing the moon.  Large.  Round.  Well, round if it’s a full moon, which it is tonight, so we’ll do that.”

            “Cratered,” I continued.

            “Good, keep going.”

            “Luminous, but not like the sun.”

            “And?”

            “And there is the dark side, flecked with dust, and the brighter side.”

            “Will there be any clouds around it?”

            “No, not this time.”

            “Will it hang higher or lower  in the sky?”

            “High.”
            “Alright, now form a perfect image of the moon in your mind,” he waited a few seconds for me to imagine it. “Got it?”

            “Yes.” Taking both my hands, he stretched them out to the sky. 

            “Focus on that image, just focus on that and…open them…now!”

            I felt a surge of power shoot through my arms and into the sky.  As I opened my eyes, I saw my hands and arms glowing milky white.  Looking up, the moon was suspended in the velvet sky.

            “Victor,” I whispered in disbelief. 

            “You put it there.  I’m proud of you, Crystalina.”

            My pale cheeks burned.  “Thanks.  Of course, I learned from the best!”

            He rolled his dark violet eyes and grinned.  “What next, dear?  The stars?”

            “Yes,” I smiled.  “Let’s do the stars.”