2. Drive Me...Crazy

"Morning!" 

A vision in a lycra cycle suit that left NOTHING to the imagination breezed through the door, trailing an expensive looking mountain bike behind him. 

"Morning" Ali choked belatedly, trying not to stare as Jenson's rear view disappeared out through the back of the shop to park the bike and (presumably) get changed. And the sooner the better  Ali thought, if he didn't want to give a dozen susceptible ladies severe palpitations, herself included.

Trying desperately to clear the final lingering images from her mind before Jenson returned, she stepped into the immaculate dispensary and closed her eyes, formulating a plan for the coming day. It had become something of a ritual over the last couple of years - walking in in the morning, taking a moment to visualise what needed to be done, and then doing it. It was a tactic that HAD worked extremely well...

Until now. 

Ali opened her eyes, her gaze alighting on a spotless pair of patent brogues which were now occupying the floor in front of her own modest pumps. Moving upwards she traversed the exquisitely tailored trousers, past areas that she dared  not linger, taking in the fitted white shirt that flattered the finely honed contours of the perfect body in front of her. He clearly hadn't lost any muscle tone in the few months he'd been away from the racetrack, but thankfully was no longer as skinny as he had been in recent years. At more than six feet tall, keeping to the same weight as some of his much smaller rivals had at times left Jenson looking in desperate need of a decent meal but now though....now.... Ali suddenly realised she was staring, and had been doing so for far too long to be remotely subtle. 

"Yup, absolutely, go ahead" she nodded vigorously in answer to a question that MUST have been asked judging by the look on his face. She couldn't tear her eyes away from him, couldn't stop herself from following the generous curve of his lips, always one of her favourite features,  along with those brilliant blue...

"Mmmmhmmm sure" Ali nodded again and turned away with a swish of her hair, and what she hoped would be an elegant pivot. Unfortunately she misjudged it somewhat and cannoned into the nearest shelf, arms flailing.

"I'm fine, don't worry - I got this." Head down she dismissed the driver with a flick of her hand and began hastily setting the chaos to rights before the prescriptions began to flood in. A smothered chuckle as Jenson left the shop did nothing to calm her shattered nerves.

"Oh God"

She leant against the wall, attempting to cool her cheeks against the smooth paintwork, and regain some composure.

"Something the matter?" Cathy asked innocently, knowing full well exactly what, or rather who was on her young friend's mind.

"I don't know how you can expect me to function properly with him here" Ali gasped, staring at her friend accusingly.

"Do you want me to get rid of him?"

"No!" Her response was too quick, too emphatic and she knew it.

"So what do you want to do about him?"

"I don't know Cath but he makes me nervous. Look at me I'm a quivering fucking wreck!" Ali held out her hands to demonstrate, and promptly sent another bottle of pills flying off the shelf.

"Relax" Cathy gently took hold of the trembling fingers in one hand, while attempting to collect the scattered stock with the other "he's only going to be here for a couple of  months, and then it'll all go back to normal."