Chapter 4 - Morning Breakfast

Cross woke up bright and early, walking into the kitchen. He began making some breakfast, minding his own business. Ink groaned, rolling over and nearly falling out of his bed. " fiajdfosf!- " Ink yelled gibberish, hanging on by his headboard.

" That was close. Again. " Ink sighed, shaking his head. He walked downstairs, glancing at Cross from across the steps. He waddled into the kitchen, standing awfully close. Clearly no respect for personal space.

Cross jolted, nearly throwing the pan. " Jesus fucken christ, Ink! Make yourself known before you come that close to someone. " Ink blinked in response, too tired to apologize for anything.

" Ink. "

" Yeah..? "

" You're too close. "

" . . . " Ink wrapped his arms around Cross, snuggling into him.

He held his arms up, confused and upset his personal space has been invaded. " Ink, let go and sit down. " Ink shook his head, tightening his grip. " You're warm, and its' cold. "

Cross sighed, letting this one time slip for the small Guardian. " Fine, but don't get too comfortable. " Ink softly smiled, enjoying this embrace while it lasted.~

He set the food onto their plates, glancing down at the miniature unicorn. " Ink, I need to move. "

" mmnnnghh... nnoo.. " Ink protested, aware his warmth was about to be ripped from him.

He scooped up Ink in one arm, carrying the plates to the dinning room. " You can't leech off of me forever. " Ink whined, clearly holding up objections. Cross set him down on one of the chairs, placing his plate in front of him. " Enjoy, I don't cook often. "

Ink stared at the food, poking at it. " Its' just breakfast sausage, eggs and french toast. I didn't poison it if thats' what yer worried about. " Cross spoke up.  Ink squinted at him, " I wasn't, but now I am. "

" Oh c'mon, just eat. " Cross dug in, enjoying his food.

Ink mumbled something under his breath, deciding to eat the meal given. " What? " Ink glanced at Cross, " Oh.. could you teach me how to cook? "

" Why is this so sudden? Can you not..?- " Cross snorted.

" Shut up! I've just never been taught. " Ink quickly defended. " Oh, its' really not that hard to learn yourself. I'll teach you some later day but for now, eat up. " Ink glared Cross as the prolonged denial to his request.

~

Cross took both of their plates, walking into the kitchen and beginning to clean the mess. Ink sat there, shivering. He quickly made his way into the kitchen, trying to cling to Cross. He pushed the walking skittle away, finishing up on the dishes. " Are you really that cold? "

" Yes, now snuggle me. " Ink demanded, desperate to warm up. " Alright, alright. " He accepted, picking the 3'8" skeleton up off the floor. He carried him into the living room, laying Ink down on the couch. Cross picked up a nearby blanket, covering up the smaller figure. " Just get some more rest, ok? " Ink nodded, snuggling into the blanket.

Cross watched some television, watching over Ink. The Guardian fell fast asleep, a peaceful expression left on his face. He remained content, his expression holding the same stare with a little brighter glow to his eyelights. He was happy. Cross, was happy. Cross was happy to have a friend, someone to be around and hangout with. His soul was filled with happiness, lucky to be guarding his smaller counterpart.