Chapter 3 - A New Home

" Do you wanna come live with me? Seeing as you have no place to call home, and I wouldn't have to be lonely anymore. " Ink randomly asked.

" Huh?- Oh. Sure. "

" Great! "

~

Cross glanced around, watching Ink fiddle with some art supplies. " Sit on the couch, and I'll be there in a moment. " Cross followed as directed, sitting his fine ass on the couch.

Ink dropped a couple sketch books on the coffee table, happily sitting next to him. He was awfully close and weirdly comfortable with Cross. The taller moved away a little, keeping his personal space open.

" Alright, can you draw at all? "

" Somewhat. "

" Ok! Thats' a start. "

" Wait- What?- "

Ink began to doodle shapes, explaining his entire creative process. He helped Cross begin to scribble down some doodles, proudly watching him create his own art style.

" Hey..- Skittles? "

" Huh?- Wait-- "

" You're kind of cute when you smile, yknow that? " Cross bluntly complimented him. Inks' face began to flush with a faint rainbow blush. " O-oh, thanks.. " Ink became a little nervous, fiddling with his pencil.

Silence grew in the room, only Cross' pencil scratching the surface of the paper could be heard. He glanced down at Ink, handing him the sketch book. " Its' you, smiling. "

Inks' face raised in heat, unable to control his blushing. " Thanks Cross, I love it! " He smiled up at him, pulling Cross down into a hug. Cross slowly accepted, wrapping his arms around the smaller.

~

Nightfall has taken place, the house comfortably quiet. Cross made his home on the couch, Ink tiredly walking upstairs to his bedroom and falling onto the bed with a light 'thud'. Cross fell into a light sleep, alert and ready to attack if bothered.

Glitch wandered around outside, silently breaking through Inks' locks and walking inside. He met face to face with an angry Cross, knife held to his throat. " Get out. " Cross spoke with pure rage, staring down String man.

Cross shoved him back through the door, the knife lightly nicking his neck enough for blood to seep from the wound. He glared Cross, seemingly unable to confess tonight. " I'll be back to rid of you, ya filthy glitch. "

The black skeleton teleported away, escaping his current situation. Cross shut the door, walking upstairs to check on Ink. He was sound asleep, passed out. Cross softly smiled, patting the small Guardian. Ink let out a quiet purr, leaning into his hand.

" At least he didn't wake you. " Cross eventually made his way back downstairs, getting comfortable on the couch again.

The night peacefully went on, both skeletons earning plenty of rest for the day ahead of them.