(2) Tour Around Camp

They hadn't yet reached the cabin when Leo froze.

"What's wrong?" Will asked.

"That old lady..." Leo replied. "What is she doing here?"

"What old lady?" Jason asked confused.

"Dude, the old lady. The one in black. How many old ladies do you see there?"

"Ehh, none." Layla replied for him.

"I think you've had a long day, Leo. The mist could still be playing tricks on your mind. How about we head strait to your cabin now?" Suggested Will.

"Just messing with you, man. Pfft, old lady. You should've seen your face. Let's go see cabin 9, I'm in the mood for a good curse." Leo said not very convincingly.

Seeing the cabin for the first time made him whistle. "They've got a steampunk theme going on, huh?"

Layla knocked the cabins door and a tall girl with black hair opened.

"Hola Rosa. Este es tu hermano, Leo." Layla said in Spanish, a language she had learned while staying with her aunt Isabel. Hello Rosa, this is your brother Leo.

(Spanish speaking readers are so going to hate me after this. So sorry you guys, I'm self taught. Feel free point out any mistakes.)

"¿Tambien hablas Español?" Surprisingly it was Leo who replied in the same tongue. 'You also speak Spanish?' He had asked her.

"¿Puedes hablar en inglés? Jason y Will no pueden etender." She said. 'Can you speak in English? Jason and Will can't understand you.'

"Sí, yo sé. Pero es divertido verlos confundidos." 'It's funny to see them confused.'  He said pointing at Jason and Will who had absolutely no idea what was going on in front of them.

"Guys? You know we have no idea what you're talking about, right?" Jason spoke up.

"See? That's what I'm talking about." Leo said, making Layla laugh. Even Rosa who had silently been watching the exchange cracked a smile.

"Anyways, let's get to work." She turning to Will. "I'll take Jason to the big house. Can you tell Leo everything he wants to know about the curse?"

"Hey. Why do I get to do the explaining again?" Will protested but Layla had already grabbed Jason by his arm and left.

"Here we are! The big house. Camp headquarters." Layla said. "Let's get some water, I've been talking non-stop from the past hour." She grabbed Jason's hand again and was about to drag him when she noticed something weird.

"Jason, hold out your arm." Jason did as he had been told.

"Not that. The other one." As he did Layla eye's widened. In the inside of his forearm was a tattoo. An eagle with a dozen strait line like a barcode and the letters SPQR. How hadn't she noticed that before?

"I've never seen marks like this, where did you get them?"

"I'm getting really tired of saying this but, but I don't remember."

"They look burned in your skin."

"They were. I mean... I think so. I don't remember." Layla hesitated for a moment considering the boy's answer.

"Alright. Let's find Chiron." She said finally.

A young camper from Hecate cabin informed them that the centaur was tutoring a kid in archery, but would be back very soon so they both sat in two armchair to wait for him. Layla who was still puzzled be the tattoo was starring at Jason's hand trying to figure something out.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked seeing the girls troubled face.

"Oh, you know, I'm just curious about your godly parent." She lied. She already knew who his godly parent was.

That's when they heard footsteps. No- not footsteps- hooves. That could only mean one thing. Chiron had arrived.

"Chiron. This is Jason. He's new." The centaur started to smile but then the color drained from his face.

"You... you should be dead." The centaurs face paled. "Layla, you can go back to your scheduled activity. I would like to speak with Jason in private." He said. The girl nodded and left although she was curious about what Chiron wanted to tell him.

After 2 hours of non-stop sword fighting Layla was exhausted. Apparently the hard combat training she did the last few months had payed off. Word had it that she was almost as good as Luke Castellan with it. She touched the point of her celestial bronze sword making it turn into a coin and headed to the dining pavilion still wondering what had Chiron meant.