eleven

CLARKE'S POV-

Sitting in the library, I run my pen aimlessley against my binder. My thoughts won't shut up and my mind won't focus on anything.

A seat in front of me is pulled away from the table, and someone sits down. I hesitate before looking up, seeing an apologectic Bellamy and a simple white flower. He holds it out to me, and I take it, ripping the top off from the stem. I toss it back to him, giving a fake smile and walking off.

" Clarke." He calls out. I glance at him once more before pushing on the library doors. Kinda sucks to let yourself get feelings for someone because you think they'll turn out different.

Raven walks passed," Hey."

I smile," Hi."

" Hey, Octavia told me you were finally joining practice today."

" That's true. Plus, I could use the distraction."

" That's great. I have to get to class, but I'll see you at practice!"

" Yeah, see you!" She walks off, giving me a last smile. I continue walking off, wandering around.

I slowly walk up to the sport wing, where the trophies and awards are held. I look into the cheerleading window. Pressing my hand against the glass, right where there's pictures of cheerleaders and a best choreograpy trophy to Abby Griffin. I feel tears rush to my eyes, remembering her singing while she does the dishes, her heavy breathing while she slept, and even her giggle when I tickled under her feet. To think I'm in the spot where she once was, married and pregnant with me. Now I'm here, alone.

I head outside, to the basketball court. I lay down at the top of the bleachers, staring at the clouds.

" Clarke." I quickly sit up, eyes darting to the figure a few feet away on the ground.

" Just hear me out." He says, motioning to sit down next to me.

" I can't stop you. And right now I don't feel like being around anyone I actually like." I say with attitude. I lay back, closing my eyes again.

He sighs, sitting down a foot away. " I should've been there for you."

I roll over, looking at him.

He continues," I'm here now."

I laugh," You're kidding." I sit up, staring at him.

He sits back," I made a mistake with you Clarke. I'm here to fix it."

" Until I'm not enough again and you leave again." I stand up, looking down at him.

He holds up his hand," I won't, Clarke."

" Everyone leaves." I say, jumping off the side of the bleachers.

" And what are you doing now?" He yells out, smiling as if he told me.

" Protecting myself." I respond, walking off back to the school.

Walking in, the bell is ringing and other students are filling the hallway fast. A couple guys walk by, smiling at me," Meet me at the bleachers after class, Griffin." A few other guys wink and check me out. What is going on?

-

Back home at the end of the school day, I drop my backpack onto the couch, falling over, letting the cold leather captivate me.

My Aunt laughs," How was your day?"

I give her a look, shrugging.

" Your cousin, Lara, just announced her wedding day."

" I remember my mom telling me about her. She use to babysit me, right?"

" Yes, she's getting married in two weeks."

I sit up," Two weeks? Wow."

" I rsvp'd for us, we're both bringing a plus one."

My jaw drops," A plus one?"

" Yeah, a date. I thought you might want to bring that guy you snuck out of class with."

" What?" I ask, starting to laugh.

She laughs," Yeah, on the bleachers."

" He's an ass."

" Oh stop it, you were totally sitting on the bleachers with him. Don't tell me Raven hasn't told you about the bleachers?"

I sit back, rolling my eyes," The bleachers?"

She laughs, raising her eyebrows," Yeah."

" This makes so much sense now." I groan.

*** A/N

Maybe there's hope for bellarke after all

I WILL TOTALLY CATCH UP ON WRITING OVER THE WEEKEND/FRIDAY, I PROMISE!!!

(EEK, I'm watching the finale right now!)

Hope y'all ain't mad that this isn't a cliché love story

ILY XOXO

P.S. If you send in cover art, I'll give credits and display it in the chapters (I love them)