Chapter 29

Cas's POV

We were all sitting around the dinner table after the ritual. My kids were scoffing their faces with the food that the cooks had prepared for the day. Thatcher was sending vicious glances over to the newest member at the table but Epiales was ignoring it and eating the different foods that were on display like a starved man. My kids were also sending him glances but more curious than anything. When we came back to the pack house and picked them up from Thatcher's parents they had asked many questions about him but we had told them not to overwhelm him, or rather I did. Thatcher seemed to encourage their barrage of questions and neat constant rambles.

After dinner was complete, we showed Epiales to the room he would be staying in even if I could tell it annoyed my mate. It was hard to try to go against him as my alpha but my friendship with Epi was important to me and I wanted him to feel safe here. I know that my mate didn't want him staying here but he had never wronged us or tried to put any of us in danger so I wasn't sure where this hostility was coming from. I would question him about it maybe later.

"So this is where you're staying, Epi, we are on the level above you. If you need anything feel free to come get us" I said, smiling at the man. He was only slightly taller than me in this form. We both looked into one of the spare rooms, it had all the essentials. A bed, bedside table, wardrobe, small ensuite and a large window that looked out onto the forest behind the packhouse. It was painted the typical off white colour all the rooms had and the sheets had only recently been changed so I knew they were clean and safe for him.

"Or don't." Thatcher muttered. His eyes mistrusting and full glaring at the newcomer. I gave him a small nudge with my elbow looking up at him with a plea on my face. He looked down at me, his eyes changing to ones full of love and kissed the top of my head.

Epiales laughed and bid me goodnight, I do notice he doesn't offer Thatcher a goodnight or farwell and by the look of anger on my mates face he had noticed it too, before going into his room and closing the door. When the door was closed I looked up questioningly at my mate. "What was that about Thatch? What did he do? I don't understand."

"I just don't like him love, he wants to bring the world to its knees and bring bad luck to everyone he meets. I don't want to see you hurt ever again." His large hand encompassed mine as we walked abc to our room. His hand was warm and sent sparks up my arm causing a smile to make its way onto my face.

"He's not a bad person, atleast I dont think he is. I think he's been hurt before, we should show him kindness and I believe that's what we will get in return. He never tried to hurt me when we shared a body; he helped me with my anxiety. He is my friend. Could you possibly try being nicer to him? Please?" I looked up at my mate hoping he could see I meant this and wanted them to get along.

"I'll try my best love, but you didn't see him when he took over your body. He has this darkness about him and if he shows any behaviour that could endanger you or this pack i will send him away and possibly end him if it comes to that i give you my word." Thatcher's eyes were dark and his canines were showing through his mouth. I could tell he meant it. I squeezed his hand showing him he was safe and I was here for him. I didn't think Epi would do anything to endanger anyone in this pack.When we entered the room the weight of the day was beginning to take its toll on me and I realized just how tired I was.

My kids were in their beds and keeping themselves busy by reading or watching the tv in the room. It would soon be time for them to have their own rooms. It was normal in this pack for the children to have their own room after they could shift but with everything we had gone through together I wanted to hold them closer just that bit longer. But even I could admit that I wouldn't mind some more alone time with my mate, we have had such a rocky relationship and I know that completing the mating would ease the stress we were under.