Chapter 23

It was a few days after our mating, Thatcher and I were very much still cuddly and obsessed with each other, it was natural for the dominant partner to be territorial for a while after the mating. I was in love with it. I felt so safe and he was taking on the best father role to my cubs, it truly felt like home now. everywhere we went I had to be within viewing of my mate and when unmated people would pass by Thatcher was sure to have his arm around wither my shoulders or my waist showing that we were official.

His pack was extremely excited for us, all the mothers I had come to be close with were thrilled and kept asking me slightly invasive questions about how the mating happened. They gushed and gawked at my mating mark, as it was the size of an alpha wolf's jaw and they had never seen one so large. The betas were the first to congratulate us, my first two friends in the pack. I held them remarkably close to my heart and felt bad that I hadn't spent much time with them, I vowed that when this was all over, I was going to put more effort into my friendships.

Epiales had not resurfaced since the mating, not wanting to have Thatcher draped all over him, they were not fans of each other, and it could disrupt the natural order of the mating, having somewhat of a stranger intrude on such a private affair. I however could feel the other souls' anger over not being able to do what he has set out to accomplish, I wasn't sure as to what that was exactly, but I doubted it was a nice visit with an old friend form the way he bristled and was full of rage most times.

I was sitting in my mates meeting room, the cubs were playing around on the floor racing after each other in their animal form, I was attempting to read an entry level young adult book, my reading was getting better, but I still think I could do better. The book was interestingly written love story between three people and soon the main character was going to have to decide to be with one of the characters, both or neither. Thatcher was filling out peace treaties. I still couldn't be too far away from him the mating too fresh.

I was about to begin a new chapter when there was a sturdy knock at the door. Thatcher called out to let them enter. It was the four mages. They must have come up with a solution if all four were requesting a chat with the alpha.

"Alpha Thatcher, we believe we have a solution to the problem you brough us here for. We would like to discuss it with you as soon as you are available, so that we may begin the process." Alaric said keeping his tone neutral and not sparing me a glance one as if I wasn't here, I did not enjoy the company of this man. Epiales agreed in the back of my mind his soul bristling at the disrespect we were being shown.

"As you can see, my mate is here so speak freely now if you must." Thatcher called, he must be feeling my dislike to speak with the threatening tone, now that we were connected fully he could tap into my emotions and feel them at any point.

Salem the blue haired mage began to speak in their usual hushed tone, "We believe we may have found a binding spell that could suck Epiales out of Casius and into another body. We would need Epiales to be in the front and Cas to not be centre, we will need you Alpha to be present also to coax your mate's soul back out because it can be a shocking somewhat painful process. We would also need some blood of your mate and a large grassy plain to complete this spell. It will use a lot of our powers and we will need to recharge for a while after completing it so if we may still be able to stay here, we would be ever grateful." They looked away from thatcher and looked at the ground instead and continued, "The most important part is we will need to find or create a body for Epiales to take control of, a freshly dead one or parts of freshly deceased people are needed to create one."

I was shocked, we were going to put my friend in a dead body and hope for the best? How would that work? That body has expired how would his soul be able to make his home there. I did not understand how this would work and had never heard of such a thing, I was beginning to feel a sense of dread and panic at this news.

"I understand, but my mate and I need some time to discuss this, please retire back to whatever it is you do, and we will contact you as soon as we have an answer." My mate said, getting up from his seat and gesturing to the door.

"But Thatc-"Alaric began before my mate growled.

"OUT. You are on my land and therefore will show me the respect you would show your elders." His fangs were showing as the mages hurried to exit the room. "Cas, baby come here please." He reached out for me, I would never keep him waiting I rushed into his arms and allowed his scent to calm my mind and his warmth to soothe me. His claws were playing with my scalp to attempt to calm my busy mind. I did not know how to feel but I knew Thatcher would know what to do.

"Baby what are your thoughts on this?" Thatcher asked kissing my forehead and gathering me closer to his broad chest.

"It all sounds very intense and scary honestly, a dead body alpha? Where and how would we get one of those?"

"I'm sure the mages have idea, do not fret if you decide to go through with this I will be by your side ant every step and will ensure nothing happens to you. I swear to you Cas I will protect you because I love you more that anything in the entire world." He leaned down and kissed me gently his lips and mine fitting together perfectly like they were meant too. his soft lips left a tingle of electricity all over my body.

'Cas please go through with this, I need my own form this is torture' Epiales said into my mind.

I guess my mind was made up, if he wanted this I should allow him the opportunity to have a form once again.

"I'll do it."