The Book Again- Rose

I met up with Al at breakfast. A few people sniggered at us as we sat down in the great hall. James cam and sat beside us. "Heard you two had Mum and Dad over in the middle of night about a mysterious book!" he said clearly laughing at us.

"Go away James," Albus muttered. James ruffled Albus' hair and moved on. I sighed. Several people whispered about us. by the end of the week the rumours had grown to that me and albus had ran screaming to Mcgonagal when we had found a book that we didnt recongnise. Scropius stood amoung the group of rumours laughing.

Though when scropius was walking alone in the corridors , he didnt look so happy in fact in looked worried and nervous. But I soon forgot about Scropius when Quiddich lessons started. I was so exicted, I enjoy quidich loads, espically goalkeeper.

Mum used to tell that I got her brains and dad's goalkeeping skills. I dont think I'm as clever as mum or as good as Quiddich as dad but it was nice of her say so.

I may have been exicted for flying lessons but my friend Christine was dreading them. she was really worried as she had never been on a broom before(she was muggleborn) and was terrfifed of falling off. I told her that it was really easy to stay on. but she wont listen.

I wrote to Mum and Dad exictley about the lessons. I got a seperate latter from each of them. Mum was warning me to be careful but dad was convinced that I was going to be chosen for the ravenclaw team straight away. Of course I knew i wasnt and I dont think I wanted to be on the team anyway.

On the morning of the first flying lesson me and Al were walking through the corridors of hogwarts before first period. When we turned a corner , we were in deep converstation so we didnt notice it at first but i spotted it in the corner of the hall. Tom Riddles Diary was laying in the corner a couple of pages torn stewrn beside. it was lying open.

I gasped and and approached it cautiously.

"Don't touch it Rose!" Albus whipered. I crouched down beside it and peered at it. It hadnt changed since we last saw it.

"I think Mcgonagall just dropped it," I said to al. I picked it up and started to walk to Mcgonagalls officie. Al followed me. We had reached her door and I was about to open it when my cousin Fred ran up to us. I hastily hid the book behind my back.

"You cant go in there!  Come on you need to get back to ur common rooms! " he shouted and started steering us away from the office door and down the corridor.

"Why!" I asked ," I needed to talk to Mcgonagal about something important!" Fred stopped in his tracks. "You havent heard have you ?" he bended down so that he was level with us.

"McGonagal was found dead this morning." he whispered.