Lack of faith

Kaeya walks to Celi Boya. The hilichurl sleeps near the rocking chair, he's since curled up in a tight like a kitten.

Getting on his knees he puts his hand on the sleeping body, shaking it gently. "Wake up."

The motion reminds Kaeya of a simpler time; a happier time.

"Wake up, Diluc!" Kaeya said, shaking his sworn brother awayke. "Wake up!"

"Stop, Kaeya. I'm trying to sleep." Diluc's hand swatted at Kaeya. The latter which dodged with ease simply by backing up.

"You're so mean," Kaeya said, crossing his arms. "I was only trying to tell you that Father has a surprise for us."

"A surprise?" Diluc said. He pushed his covers off him and sat up on his pillow. The red haired boy wiped away chunks of stray hair from his face to look at his boy seriously. "Do you know what it is?"

"No, but Crepus said that he would tell us what it was after breakfast."

The two of them quietly got dressed for the day and ran down the straits so fast that Kaeya tripped on the carpet. "Ahhhhh!"

Falling forward Kaeya reached for whatever was in front of him. Expecting the floor he branches for [Genshin] impact. Kaeya opens his eyes to see that he is inches above the floor.

"That was close," came the voice of his red haired brother. Diluc pulled his brother up.

"Thanks."

"No problem. If you ever need help I'll always be there."

It didn't matter what the surprise was anymore to Kaeya. The words that Diluc said were enough. The promise that meant everything to Kaeya.

Kaeya frowns. Not at Celi Boua not waking up but at how the promise would not be fifilled.

Kaeya was alone and he needed help.

Then a thought puts into his mind. What if the promises went both ways. Diluc would help Kaeya went he needed help and Kaeya would do the same.

A smile creeps on his face. "I promise."

The hilichurl starts to writhe on the grass. The moment bringing Kaeya attention back on what he was doing. He didn't want to leave Celi Boya behind when he went with Albedo and the mitachurl So Kaeya thought it would only be fair if he brought the hilichurl with them. Albedo had no objections.

"Mosi oba nunu," Kaeya says. Though good night is usually a phrase someone says before leaving conversation, the bluenette and hilichurl used it as a greeting and send off.

"Mosi oba nunu," Celi Boya repeats, waving. Kaeya taught the hilichurl the motion while learning the language. The hilichurl also learned what it meant to shake and nod one's head.

Kaeya holds out his hand which Celi Boya takes and he helps pull the creature up right. The two of them don't let go as Kaeya walks into the forest where Albedo and the mitachurl are standing. The alchemist inspects the taller of the two going around the mitachurl and writing observations.

"Oh, you're back,"

"Did we take that long?" Kaeya questions rasing the eyebrow over his visible eye.

"No, I just get really into my work that time is something that changes in weird ways. Sometimes it fluids and sometimes it inches slowly forward."

"Okay?" Kaeya says his eyebrow still up but this time he looks to Celi Boya who is equally or even more confuse since he doesn't know the language.

"Let's get going. If we leave now, we can get back before midnight."

Kaeya completely forgot about the time. It was currently mosi oba nunu. The sun had set and slowly the hours would tick into the late night.

The four of them began their walk. The walk was silence for the most part. The mitachurl footfeets were more like a humans atoms so that was loud but no talked.

Not Kaeya.

Not Albedo.

Not even Celi Boya in his native language.

If Kaeya was to guess how long they walked he would have to say about an hour. His feet already hurt when they were halfway done with their travels. He didn't know where they were going or how long it would take but he knew that he couldn't walk much long and that he needed to say something.

Walking closer to the alchemist, Kaeya speaks up, "Um... Albedo. My feet hurt."

Albedo looks around like he is looking for the person Kaeya is talking to which angers Kaeya. "What are you doing?"

"I'm simply looking around for a solution to the problem. How about you ride on the mitachurl?"

'Are you joking!' Kaeya internally yells.

"Are you scared of the mitachurl?" Albedo asks.

'Did I say that out loud?'

"You eyes are filled with shock like someone's who is scared," the alchemist explains.

"Oh." Kaeya sighs in relief then looks at the huge mitachurl. "I'm not scared of her."

"Then go on." Albedo stops and the mitachurl follows suit. Celi Boya stops, he stands with Kaeya. He puts his hand out and drags it down in the air. The mitachurl gets on its knees, and cups it hands laying them on the ground.

"How can you do that?" Kaeya asks inching toward the monster. If he was honest to himself he was scared of the beast. As an adult he had defeated many mitachurls and even some lurachurls, but as a child he didn't have those memories, just muscle memory and some feelings for his adult self.

That's what happened when he first saw the mitachurl. He knew he had to kill her but a part of him wasn't scared of it killing him. Now that they were walking together the feelings disappeared and was repelaced with childish fear.

"I am her creator. Like how a child holds fast to their mother she thinks of me as her mother. She will follow my simple commands," Albedo explains. He motions with a nod of his head for Kaeya to walk into her hands.

Kaeya slowly walks to the mitachurl. Her... With a gulp and a prayer to Barbatos, the boy walks kn her hands.

The mitachurl brings her hands up and gets up herself. Kaeya freaks out and grabs onto her ——.

"You okay?"

Y-yup. I'm fine."

For the rest of the hour things went off without a hitch. Kaeya was still weary of the mitachurl but she didn't do anything to him. She simply carried the boy into her hands. Kaeya decided to name her Mita.

"We're here," Albedo proclaims. Kaeya jolts awake; to think he was going to fall asleep.