Lost Soul

This is my first story so please bear with me:) it may not be that great.

* * * * Chapter 1

Ugh! New house! New friends! New family! New clothes! Which I don't mind, but still new EVERYTHING!! Ever since my mom found her real mate at one of her business trips, she's been acting like a love sick puppy. Then, just yesterday she tells me she's getting married! I mean for reals? I don't even know the guy, for all we know he's some sick minded freak! Ok, I'm over thinking it, but you get my point.

Anyways, now I'm sitting on a plane that's not even first class; which I don't mind, but it's freaking scary! Considering this flying piece of metal tends to shake uncontrollably like a 9.0 earthquake (not exactly) and then you hear this freaky sound coming from the engine which sound like nails scratching a chalk board. Not pleasant. God forbid I die in this piece of crap. My mom is oblivious to everything. She's too busy talking to me about this place in montana where we're going. But, I'm ignoring her. It's not like she even notices; she's rambling more to herself "Oh and honey you'll love it there! It's calm and nice. It has a great scenery and Paul has a huge house! It's better than New York!" Yeah right. "You'll make new friends! Even your dog will adjust just fine considering he just eats, sleeps, and poops," she nearly squeals in delight.

Hey! It's not he's fault, he's a bulldog and they don't do much; but she's right seeing as though right now he's sleeping peacefully, like the sounds of this monstrous plane don't affect him. "Did I mention Paul is an Alpha?" She adds. I roll my eyes at her. Yup like a thousand times! "Oh and Candy sweetie you'll LOVE HIM!!" Yeah, yeah whatever.

After several hours of torture, the plane landed and then a voice in the intercom said "ladies and gentleman, we have arrived at our destination. Thank you for flying with us. I hope we have the pleasure of seeing y'all again."

Hell to the no! When we got off, I immediately threw myself on the ground and yelled "Land! Land! Oh sweet dirty land! I thought I was actually going to die! I have never been so glad to see the ground! Thank YOU Jesus!" Mom looked around embarrassingly.

Hissing at me, she said, "Candy your attracting attention! Stop being silly and let's GO!" I rolled my eyes and dusted myself off.

Turning to my bulldog, I said "Okay, Angelo let's get this over with," and then I followed my mom into a black SUV. I looked out the window; waiting for the hour and a half to be over with. I sure hope this goes okay. Something tells me that there's trouble ahead or maybe it's just me but I feel like things are going to get a little bad. But hey, I could be wrong and maybe it's just my nerves acting up, or the fact that I'll use any excuse just to go back home to the Upper East Side in Manhattan. So, I got out my I-pod and started listening to 'Pay Phone' by Maroon five. I didn't realize I had fallen asleep until mom rudely shook me awake; knocking my headphones off .

"Hey!" she smiles and says "we're almost there! Look! Isn't it beautiful!? In about another 15 minutes we will finally be at his house!" I looked out the window and noticed there wasn't really anything to look at. There was mostly woods and small old fashioned houses and stores. It reminded me of those small towns on the cowboy movies. And, we weren't even on a paved road, it had become a rocky road and a bumpy car ride. I didn't even see any good stores but local markets. Then it hit me. I was going to have a hard time adjusting to this place. I have been living as a city girl after all. Mom looked at me and gave me a smile; her eyes twinkling with happiness and love. It made me wonder if mom ever loved my dad like that.

Right now he was away on a mission. He was a marine and I was proud of him. The only bad thing was that I barely got to see him, sure he'd send letters and we'd talk by phone, or we would video chat, but I wanted to be able to hug him each day and not worry about him getting injured. I shook my head clearing my thoughts and focused on the family's who were passing by. Damn. I'm homesick already.