Billy Jo Armstrong

Billies POV

My breath hitches in my throat. My heart stops beating and it feels like the world has too. We sit in silence, my brain processing what had just been announced.

They lost the money.

This isn’t over.

I stand off the bed and grab mike by the hem of his shirt, roughly.

“What do you mean you lost the fucking money?!” I yell, shaking him as if it would bring the money back. Mike looks at me in pure shock.

“We- We can explain! Something happened!” He explains, trying to squirm out of my grasp. Tre tries to break us apart, but I’m staring too intently at Mike to notice anything else.

“You don’t need to explain shit! We did all this for nothing!” I shout, pushing him back onto the couch. Just as Tre steps in front of Mike, I feel a hand firm clasp my upper arm. I turn around to see Sapphire standing there. Her chest was heaving up and down as she glares at me with wide and serious eyes. I was still fuming.

“Billie, listen to us” Tre says calmly, placing his hands on my shoulders. I huff, pulling myself from their grasps and sit down on the bed, impatiently tapping my foot.

“Tell me then” I seethe, glaring up at Tre. He sighs, motioning to Sapphire to sit. She avoids my stare, sitting down further down the bed from me. I try to control my heavy breaths as Tre pulls out a chair and sits down on it, leaning forward.

“I don’t want you guys to get worried” He begins to say.

“Spit it out!” I fumed.

“Billie, shut the fuck up!” Sapphire finally speaks up. The 3 of us turn to look at her, in shock. I shrink down in my position, waiting for Tre to go on.

“It was stolen” Tre finally says, looking straight at me.

“What?” I breathe. A wave of fear spreads over my body. Who knew we had that money? Why would anyone steal it?

“We were on the road, it was like 3am or something” Mike mutters. I look to him furrowing my eyebrows.

“Did you see who it was?” I ask, teeth clenched. To say I was pissed was an understatement.

“We were drunk and it was dark” Mike mutters, rubbing his forehead.  I sigh, cracking the bones in my fingers before standing up.

“Well…” I look around at the quiet atmosphere. “What do we do now?”

“We forget about it”

I turn my head to Sapphire, her face expressionless.

“Wha-“

“Just focus on getting signed… worry about this later” And with that, she hops off the bed and disappears into the bathroom.

“She’s right” Mike agrees, looking up to Tre and me. ”We didn’t worry about it much before, but we have to get this break”

Tre nods his head along with Mike. I couldn’t argue, Sapphire was right. She’s always right. I didn’t know what to think anymore. We were so close to being safe but it was so suddenly stripped from us. They’re telling me not to worry about it when the money was literally stolen. No one knew we were getting the money, or that we even needed the money. What if someone’s watching us? What if they’re coming here right now and-

“We gonna go?” A voice cuts me out of my thoughts. I see Sapphire pulling on a jacket, Mike and Tre hanging next to the door.

“Uh- Yeah”