Amortenia

Chocolate.

Chocolate and old books.

Chocolate, old books and that worn out sweater smell.

That's what Sirius Black smelled in his Amortenia. That's what Sirius Black was so afraid to say because everyone knew who the smell belonged to. There was only one person, who could smell like such a thing in the entirety of Hogwarts. There was only one person, who ate chocolate so much, they always had some in their pockets. There was only one person who loved reading and was always surrounded by books, new or old, didn't matter. There was only one person who wore worn out sweaters like it was yesterday's business. That person?

Remus John Lupin.

Sirius Black smelled Remus Lupin's scent in his amortenia and as he stood in the front of the class, eyes wide, hair pulled into a bun, his wand inserted into it, his leather jacket underneath his robes, he froze. His eyes lifted to his group of friends, James smirking, Peter holding in a chuckle and Remus - oh beautiful, lovely Remus was confused as ever, his eyebrow raised and that tawny brown hair falling onto his forehead. Sirius blushed at the thought to run his hands through it.

Professor Slughorn coughed after an awkward silence because Sirius had started to say what he smelled and stopped after the realization of WHO it was he smelled.

"Mister Black, please do continue."

Sirius shook his head. He would not, not in front of all these people because then they would know. They would know that Sirius Black was in love with Remus Lupin and that just wouldn't do, they could not know.

"Mister Black?"

"I can't, I'm sorry."

James' smirk grew in size and he cupped his hands around his mouth.

"Coward!"

Sirius glared at him, Remus knocked James upside the head and Peter laughed. Sirius took a deep breath. He was not a coward.

"I smell chocolate, old books and slightly worn out sweaters."

The chatter  that started after James' exclamation stopped and Sirius refused to meet anyone's eyes. He was not a coward, but he definitely didn't think that one through. They knew now, they all knew. James was the first to break the silence.

"I'm sorry Sirius."

Sirius looked up at him.

"No you aren't."

Sirius walked out the classroom, the Marauders stayed in place and Professor Slughorn coughed again, not sure what happened or what was wrong.

"Mister Lupin, would you like to give it a go?"

Remus who had paled and was wide eyed, looked around then shook his head.

"I already know what I'd smell Professor."

And then Remus walked out the classroom, set on finding Sirius. He didn't have to think hard because he knew Sirius only went to one place when he felt dejected. The Black Lake, specifically the tree by the lake.

Remus hurried out and spotted him, one of his legs hanging off the branch and the other pulled into his chest. He was twirling his wand, his face was bright red and his cheeks were tear stained, his hair had fallen from the bun and he had pushed behind his ear on one side. Remus sat under his branch, letting out a sigh.

"So chocolate, old books and worn out sweaters?"

Sirius glanced down at Remus, Remus glanced up.

"I'm sorry Moony, I should of told you."

Remus shrugged, he wasn't bothered because that just meant that Sirius was attracted to him, found his smell pleasant and well loves him back.

"You want to know what I smell?"

"Not really."

"I smell leather, slightly strong cologne, but not to strong like it leaves you wanting more and well wet dog."

Sirius laughed, a smile on his face as he looked down at the love of his life.

"Wet dog? I wonder who smells like wet dog."

"I reckon that Hufflepuff bloke with the big ears. Kind of looks like a dog, don't you think? We could wet him."

Sirius giggled and Remus smiled, he'd never heard Sirius giggle before, but he decided he loved it. Remus took a deep breath.

"Sirius come down here, I would climb to you-"

"No, no, you have bad knees. I'll go down."

The moment Sirius' feet hit the ground, Remus grabbed his hand and pulled him down into his lap, Sirius landed sprawled on Remus.

"Moony?"

"Pads?"

Remus raised an eyebrow as he pushed a strand of hair behind Sirius' ear to which the other boy flushed, Remus smirked. Remus left his hand on his cheek, his thumb gently running across his jaw.

"Fuck, you're gorgeous."

Sirius felt the heat rush to his ears, he leaned into Remus' hand. Remus leaned down, his lips mere centimeters away from Sirius' before he stopped to look at him again.

"Can I?"

Sirius' breath caught and he nodded. Remus shook his head.

"Say it, I need to hear it. Can I kiss you Sirius?"

Sirius gulped, finding his voice.

"Yes."

Remus closed the gap and Sirius turned to butter in his lap, he kissed Remus back with all the emotions he could. When Remus pulled away a few moments later, Sirius slowly opened his eyes then he got shy and turned his head so it was buried in Remus' stomach, he wrapped his arms around his waist. Remus chuckled.

"You're shy? Bloody fuck, you're adorable Sirius Black."

Sirius grumbled into his stomach and Remus laughed. He placed a kiss on Sirius' head and leaned against the tree, they fell asleep like that, content in the others presence.

They were found like that by James, hours later. James only smiled as his best friends slept peacefully wrapped together under the tree as the sunset.

For all the shit he was bound to get later from Sirius, James was proud of what he'd done and now his best friends could be happy together. He decided to leave them there and come back later if they still hadn't returned.

Sirius Black is madly in love with Remus Lupin and Remus Lupin is madly in love with Sirius Black.

It was a wonderful story to tell.

—————————————————————————