Chapter 9~ Alberto

Another day went by just like the last, spending every moment with his boyfriend in the streets of Genova. Another night spent under the stars, sharing secrets and telling each other things they had never said to anyone else. The more time they spent in a relationship, the deeper Alberto fell in love. Gosh, had Luca always had that adorable dusting of freckles on his nose and cheeks? Or those perfect curls that frame his face? Everytime Alberto saw Luca, his chest filled with a warm, expanding feeling that made him want to smile and laugh and hug his boyfriend as tightly as possible.

But all too soon, it was over.

When it was finally time for Alberto to go back to Portorosso, he stood on the train platform with Luca by his side. Both boys felt broken already.

As the train whistled into the station and surrounded them in a thin smoke, Alberto pulled Luca into his arms. They embraced with tears streaming down their faces.

"I'm gonna miss you so much, Luca," he choked, finding it even harder to say goodbye the second time.

Luca pressed his forehead against Alberto's. "Me too. Please make sure to call everyday, and write letters with pictures."

Alberto laughed through the tears. "Just don't forget about me at your big fancy school!" Luca giggled and pulled away.

"You know that I couldn't even if I wanted to!"
The boys cried and laughed together as the train whistled again. They quieted and stared at each other, forest green eyes looking into chocolate brown ones.

Alberto took a deep breath. It's now or never. Silenzio Bruno!

"Luca," he said quickly, knowing that he had to get on the train soon. "I..." Come on, you can do it! "I love you, Luca!"

He gave his boyfriend a peck on the cheek and jumped onto the train. He looked back and saw Luca beaming at him.

As the train pulled out of the station, Luca ran after him. "I love you too!" he yelled over the clack of the wheels. "I love you so much, Alberto!"

The boy on the train grinned. "Not as much as I love you!" he cried. Luca continued to run after the train until he couldn't keep up anymore. The two boys looked at each other for the last time as Luca came to a stop, love filling their hearts.

Alberto watched the other boy until he was out of eyesight. Even then, he leaned out of the car, feeling the wind whipping his curly brown hair.

He was so hopelessly in love.

Note: Sorry for the shorter chapter today, my sleep schedule is all sorts of messed up, so I needed the extra sleep. Next update will be longer!

Review please!