Chapter 3

The radio comes on while we are driving and 'Here's to us" by hailstorm comes on

The radio comes on while we are driving and 'Here's to us" by hailstorm comes on. I immediately start soft singing, a low hum of the words if I could say cause I know I can't sing. Like at all.

"So lets give them hell, tell them forget themselves here's to us," I hum to myself.

"You listen to Hailstorm?" He asks curiously glancing away from the road shooting me a surprised look.

"What? Cause i'm black I can't listen to rock?" I say with a raised eye brow.

"No, I- erm - uh-" he says nervously.

"Ha, i'm kidding, I listen to all music, my music range goes far beyond what people think. One second you will hear Jamaican music, then Spanish music that I can't understand a word of, but can sing every word of, Beyonce, and then Hannah Montana. My music has no limits. Except heavy metal, I just can't do that one." I say laughing.

"You're mean." he says chuckling, "but I'm glad I finally got to see a little bit of who the real Kimmy is."

I smile at myself to his words, but I have to remind myself that he is isn't being anything other than just polite. Before I know it we are pulling up in the building. He parks in his spot with his name on it fairly close to the entrance. I get out the car first fixing myself and he follows suite behind me.

"Thanks for the ride Noah. I'll see you at home." I start to walk towards the doors when he runs up behind me.

"Do you need a ride later?"

"No it's okay, I don't want to be a bother plus I will be here until around 5." he furrows his brow at my words, while I look up at him. I'm really not used to men towering over me.

"Nonsense come to the 44th floor when you finish work, i'll be in my office, my names on the top." He walks away quickly before I can protest. I quickly follow behind him not wanting to be late. We get into the elevator together and I pressed the 23rd floor while he hits the 44th. We ride up in a comfortable silence until he elevator stops at my floor.

"I'll see you later Noah." I said waving before stepping out. He quickly grabs my wrist before I can leave and I turn to face him confused.

"Uhm Kimmy don't take this the wrong way but, you look amazing today."

"Oh uhm , thanks I guess?" The elevator door closes and he goes on his way.

Don't take this the wrong way? What the hell does that mean. Whatever. Don't over think it.

I make my way down to the office that was mentioned in my email. I knock twice when I hear a very deep voice tell me to enter. I walk in to see a half bald chubby white man sitting behind a desk. His eyes snap up to meet mine before a smile spreads across his face. "You must Be Kimone Graham, I'm Arther Ridges" he says with a smile before standing and coming to shake my hand. "I have heard nothing but good things about you, I was honestly pushed to hire you from the higher ups. Do you know someone up there."