Chapter 4: Back to Back victories against Abby

Two days later, at Ethan's studio, Ethan was talking to his team and the moms about the last competition and unlike Abby's studio, they didn't do a pyramid because Ethan felt that would tear the dancers down as he wanted to build them up, even though he's tough on them but not in the way Abby would have been.

"Did you all enjoy beating Abby at the last competition?" Ethan asked and in response, his team cheered and so did the moms. "Good to know, all right, this upcoming weekend, we'll be traveling to Chicago, Illinois to attend Nexstar and i got word that a good friend of mine from Oceanside is going to be there and it's none other than Cathy and the Candy Apples."

"Ethan and Cathy are good friends?" Bethany asked Christi.

"Yeah." Christi responded. "They also have one common enemy as well and you know who they're referring about."

"Now we get it." Stephanie stated.

"And for the second straight week, guess who we are going up against?"

"Abby?" Mallory asked.

"You guessed it and she said our win against her was a fluke, but we'll show her that it wasn't by beating her again." Ethan said. "All right, for assignments, Ashley will have a solo named Better Off and Jessica will have a solo named This Time, Mallory, you and Sally will have a duet called Sweet But Psycho and everybody like usual is in the group dance, known as Off To See The World. Also, i did some digging and as it turned out on the ALDC side, Maddie like usual is getting a solo, Mackenzie has one too and their duet has Kendall and Nia."

"Abby seeing us and Cathy at the same time is gonna be a big time migraine for her." Isabella commented.

"To be honest, i can't wait to see Abby's face when she loses to us again or she loses to Cathy." Samantha stated and once the moms left the studio room, the girls rehearsed for the competition.

That saturday in Chicago, a midwestern city in the state of Illinois, Ethan, his team and moms all arrived at the Steppenwolf Theater on Halsted, the venue of Nexstar and they ran into Cathy and her Candy Apples and on the Candy Apples besides Vivi was Hadley, Nicaya, Mari, Campbell, Nick and Alyssa.

"Hey, Ethan." Cathy greeted.

"Hey, Cathy." Ethan responded as he and Cathy shared a hug. "How are you doing today?"

"I'm doing good."

Then aeriving next was Abby, Gianna as the Malibu Express Dancing Center and the Candy Apples Dance Center looked at them.

"Oh, great. Now i have two nuisances to deal with!" Abby grumbled, feeling like a migraine was coming coming.

"I don't know who's worse, Cathy or Ethan?" Melissa asked.

"They're both as annoying. You got lucky against me last week, but you won't win against me this time and neither will Cathy." Abby declared as Ethan rolled his eyes and so did Cathy.

"We'll see about that." Ethan retorted. "Come on, crew."

Chloe, Mallory, Sally, Allison, Ashley, Jessica, Danielle and their moms followed him to their dressing room as ALDC and CADC went to their dressing rooms and in the dressing room of MEDC, Ashley, Jessica, Mallory and Sally got ready for their solos and duet. And once they did that, Ashley, Jessica, Mallory and Sally headed to the stage while Ethan, Chloe, Allison, Danielle and the moms of MEDC took their seats, sitting two rows behind them were Abby and her crew with the Candy Apples in the row behind Ethan's team.

"Chloe's not doing a solo, so that gives us a an advantage." Melissa told Abby.

"It sure does." Abby replied.