A near death experience

I skated down the street, my long board making a satisfying crunch of gravel under its wheels. The honking of cars blared in my left ear as I passed onto the bridge. Ivan Bridge, which sat 30 feet above a huge lake. Carson lake... Which right now in England is frozen over. With about an inch of ice. I sighed and put my earbuds in, letting The Dropkick Murphys block the noise of the cars. Very few people walked here and there on the side of the road. I was lost in the lyrics of "I'm shipping up to Boston" when a sudden jolt awoke me. A piece of gravel caught under my tire. I launched off of my longboard, slipping underneath the gap in the railing, overlooking the frozen river. I gasped, holding on by only one hand. I tried to pull my other arm onto the slick Ice-coated railing. No such luck. If I fell, I wouldn't be able to swim. I'd go through the ice and drown. My fingers were slipping and right as I almost fell, I felt a pair of strong hands grab mine. I looked up to a funny looking man- shaggy brown hair and a weird jawline. He could be called handsome. I tried pulling myself up but even with the help of the man, I couldn't get my upper body above the bridge. "Jack!" The man yelled. His friend -Jack I assume- came running. "Give me your other hand " Jack instructed. I strained to pull it toward him, and felt his warm hands pulling me. With all our might, I got up far enough to ungracefully crawl into the pavement. I huffed, out of breath, and let my cheek rest against the cool concrete. I took a few deep breaths and stood up. The man called Jack seemed only a little older than me (maybe 20-22). "T-thank you guys..." I said to Jack and the man. "I'm the doctor," the man said, "And this is-" "Captain Jack Harkness. Nice to meet you." He said with a wink. The doctor sighed. I giggled. "So are you okay?" The doctor asked me. "Yeah I'm fine. Thank you so much. You should stay for dinner with me and my family." I smiled. Before the doctor could intervene, Jack agreed happily.