41

There were many media people waiting for Nandini to come down and provide a statement to them. They didn't get news about Nandini Roy every day, after all.

As Nandini dressed, Aliya, Dhruv, Manik, and Aryaman waited outside her room.
In a black dress with her hair tied in a sleek ponytail, Nandini walked out of the room as the doors opened. Black diamond earrings hung from her ears, and her nails were painted black.

As she scanned her outfit, Aliya asked, "Why do you look like you're going to a funeral?"

In response, Nandini smiled at her, "oh, I'm dressing for a funeral."
As she gracefully descended the stairs, holding her head high, all four gawked in astonishment.
The whole room is focused on Nandini. Nandini sat at the conference table where all the microphones of the necessary channels were placed.
The first thing I want to show you is something really interesting."
The video started on the projector as soon as Nandini inserted the pen drive.
The audience watched in shock as the screen showed Yuvraj Malhotra taking drugs, then the next slide showed him beating someone severely.
"This is the person who has claimed my sister is my father's illegitimate child.". I have no idea on what basis it is done. You don't have to print some news that you get just because you have it. If you don't apologize to me and my family publicly, then you will pay for slandering me and my family."
At this point, all of them were preparing to announce the news about Yuvraj completely ignoring Anna. Nandini turned the situation around within a day. Because of her smarts, no one could mess with her. She always planned her moves.
As she walked upstairs she stood before four idiots who were staring wide-eyed in shock as she smirked.
As Nandini said, "You don't cross me for a very good reason" they all clapped
Dhruv exclaimed, " Bravo what a move!".

Jokes aside, Anna and I will be leaving for London tonight." All of their faces fell when they heard that.  

"What about our wedding?" Aliya asked. 

Considering that everyone will be looking at me and Anna at the wedding, I do not want to ruin anything for you and Dhruv"

"Nandu you won't....."

"Dhruv, I won't talk about this any further." Nandini said as she walked into her room.

Manik asked, "Are you still angry with me? Have you not forgiven me?" She sighed keeping the clothes in her hand on the bed. By signalling to Manik, she beckoned him closer. As he walked towards her, he stood right in front of her.

I forgave you a long time ago, but right now Anna is my top priority. If it wasn't about her, would we still be together?"

"Yes, we'll be together!"

Manik, since you live in Mumbai and I live in the UK, neither of us can leave everything we have worked so hard for behind. Could you leave everything you have here and go to the UK with me?"

Nandini gave Manik a sad smile as she rubbed his cheek, "You can't just give up what you've worked so hard for. And I don't blame you for it a all because I understand you and your dreams I know we love each other but, it seems, we were not meant to be.". 

Nandini left the room because she could no longer deal with the sight of Manik's heartbroken face she was hurting as well and didn't want to leave him behind but she didn't have any other choice.