Chapter Seven

The American Ninja

The plane flight was short. I had drifted of to sleep multiple times but now I was wide awake.

First thing we would be doing after we leave the airport would be going to the hotel. Then reporting to the ANTP building in Los Angeles.

"Where are we going now?" I ask, not knowing the airport protocol.

"Baggage check," Miles says. "After we pick up our luggage we can head to the hotel and untwined."

I nod. Carson was leading us out of the airport terminal where a thick mass of people were scattered. I sincerely hope I don't get lost in the crowd.

Some lady shoves me against the wall just as I am out of the terminal, her elbow flys into my rib cage.

"Watch we're you are going!" I yell after her as she takes off.

"Douche bags," I mutter. I freeze, looking around. I have no freaking idea where the others are. "God dammit! I've done it again."

~~~

I arrived at the baggage check and got my bags only to find my friends (if I could call them that,) glaring me down.

I put on a fake smile and walk over to them. "Hey you guys!"

"Shut up, we've been waiting for you for twenty minutes. Lets go!"

There was a big van outside waiting for us and we all got in. I called shot-gun but of course, I was the only one without a seat.

"My butt hurts," I complain.

"My ears hurt from your whining!" Tyonna snaps.

"Touché."

"Shut up."

"Is that everyone's favorite word now or something? All I hear is 'shut up'."

"Shut up!" They all say in unison. For the first time in a while, I shut my mouth. The van is now in awkward silence mode.

When we got to the hotel, I was the first one out of the car. I slipped happily to the lobby, earning some weird glances from people. "What the fuck you looking at?" I wanted to say, but I didn't.

The shoulder strap of my book-bag was digging into my shoulder. I bit my lip and adjusted it's position.

We all crowded over to the main counter and got our rooms. Everyone was on floor twelve, except for me, I was on floor fourteen. If you ask me, it wasn't a coincidence.

After I get handed my keys, I turn around to find Miles, Tyonna, Julie, Rick, and Carson in the elevator. I take a step forward but the elevator doors clang close.

I guess I am on my own.

***

CARSON POV

Gemma was really starting to piss everyone off. They All looked relieved that they were in the elevator without her. I took a deep breath and relaxed my shoulders.

We would have to go to training in half an hour. I really hope Gemma can get it together by then.

"...I hear they have a pool here!" Julie says excitedly to the others. I just realized I missed out on an entire conversation.

Rick shrugs. And Tyonna and Miles look at each other happily. Those two were disgustingly in love.

We walked out of the elevator and went our separate ways.

"Half an hour and we meet down in the lobby," I reminded everyone. The all made a chorus if agreement and dispersed.

***

GEMMA POV

I got to my room and changed. Snuggling into my favorite T-shirt that read CLEARLY I HAVE MADE SOME BAD DECISIONS.

I clenched and unclenched my fists. I was so mad right now, I was ready to kick butt at training. I went into the mini kitchen to look for a snack and punches the wall in frustration.

There was nothing there. Plus, I was a sucky cook. I grabbed my room keys and headed out the door, looking for the nearest grocery store.

When I got back to my room, I had four bags of chips, twelve Monster energy drinks, six deep dish pizzas, and a bag of marshmallows.

My phone buzzes in my pocket. It was Carson. His text read:

ALMOST TIME TO GO MEET US IN THE LOBBY IN 5

I flipped my phone closed and threw it on my bed. I was going to prove to them that I wasn't annoying, that I could shut my mouth when I wanted to.

I was also going to show them that I could kick their butts at training.

I pulled my black leather jacket out of my book-bag and shrugged it on, I grabbed a Monster and I was out of the door with my room keys.

~~~

Our gear was the typical ninja suit; only under the outfit was black gear made of tough material. It was wrapped around your chest and back but it was light weight. I could barley notice a difference.

The best part was the nun-chucks. Even though I had no clue on how to use them properly. Right now, other members of the ANTP were just running at each other screaming insults while swinging their nun-chucks over the heads.

And Carson thinks I'm immature.

Just then, a siren went off. Then came a voice over the intercom:

"Evasive positions! Ready your selves! This is not a drill!"