Chapter 11

Walking through the woods with Remus was serene, there was a gentle breeze that would lightly pick up every few seconds and tiny birds that would cutely tweet at them as they walked by.
Remus noticed that the way Logan walked was somewhat odd, he always marched around with his hands behind his back and his chest puffed out, it seemed like he was trying to be formal in a very informal situation.
By no means was Remus complaining though, he thought it looked very cute, especially whenever he would look around to look at the birds.
He wasn't sure if Logan knew this or not but every time he spotted one he did this sweet little unintentional half smile, Remus didn't often call things that are actually adorable adorable but Logan's smile was an exception.
When they finally got to camp Logan looked around and noticed something peculiar, for a hunting trip there seemed to be a serious lack of any hunting equipment.

"I thought you guys were supposed to be hunting out here" "we are.".
Logan tried to wrap his brain around how they can hunt with out supplies but was interrupted by a random servant guy yelling "I found some more!" making Logan to turn around and see who it was.
When he turned around he saw a man with burn marks on his face holding a paper bag in one hand as he pointed to a couple mushrooms with the other, an adorable truffle hunting pig sat beside him sniffing the ground.
Logan turned back to Remus "You're hunting mushrooms?" he asked, Remus smirked "What can I say? I like funny fungus with big poofy hats that taste like dirt.".
Logan lightly exhaled out his nose, finding his response some what humorous "So, where's the prince?".

Remus panicked, he was completely blanking on an excuse and he desperately looked at Janus for help, Janus just shook his head and buried his face in his hands, he wanted absolutely no part in this.
"Uhhh... well... he's sick! Very sick! He had to go home early." Logan seemed to buy it "Oh well I hope he's better in time for the ball." Logan was mildly amused by the thought that his step family came all the way out here for nothing, none of them even liked the out doors so this entire trip was pointless for them, that's what they get for stalking royalty.
Janus walked up to Logan and introduced himself "Oh I'm Logan." "Yeah I know, this guy wouldn't shut up about you yesterday." he said, pointing to Remus, causing both Logan and Remus to frantically blush at the same time.
"Hahaha!! Let's go hunt mushrooms and never talk about that!! Ever!! Please!!" Remus shouted, obviously flustered and gently ushering the two deeper into the woods.
It was pretty weird seeing Remus get embarrassed, Logan didn't even know he could get embarrassed, but it was still cute none the less.

While Remus and Janus were looking around Logan paused to gently pet the truffle pig, it affectionately oinked at him and licked his hand.
Remus was pleasantly surprised to see his pet liked Logan as much as he did "Aww, looks like little rotisserie ham likes you.".
"You named your pig rotisserie ham?" "Yes, and it's hilarious.".
Ignoring Remus's odd naming choices, Logan began to describe how he took care of animals since he was a kid, as he talked, Remus glared at Janus with a smug expression.
He was glaring as if he were to say 'See? I told you he was cool.' and despite how much Janus liked to hate everyone and everything and judge Remus for his personal choices, he had to admit, Logan was pretty neat.

The three of them continued on their way until eventually they stopped and got distracted by Remus yelling "What the hell is that!?" at something on the ground.
Logan went to go see what it was and was surprised to see it was a rare type of mushroom, with a pale white color and red liquid oozing out all over it so much that it almost looked like it was bleeding.
He pushed up his glasses and began to explain "I've read about that before, that's Hydnellum peckii, it's a rare type of fungus often nick named as the devil's tooth fungus.".
"Cool!!" said Remus, picking it up, he instantly shoved the whole thing into his mouth, causing screams from Janus and Logan.
"Oh my god!" Janus cried "Is it poisonous?!" He demanded to know, Logan sighed "No but it isn't supposed to be eaten.".