Chapter 7: Homesickness and Sibling Fights

"I don't wanna another pretty face. I don't just anyone to hold. I don't want my love to go to waste. I want you and your beautiful soul..."

I woke with a start when good old Jesse McCartney's Beautiful Soul started playing from my phone. I turned off my alarm and sat up in my gigantic new bed. We had been in this house for almost two weeks and yet it still seemed like a dream. Everything was amazing but I missed Florida. Suddenly I was overcome with homesickness. I missed the beach right outside the door, I missed my best friends and I even missed Jason. Gosh, Jason. I had just broken up with him to move here and I was already forgetting about him and flirting with Cody.

I needed to relax. I missed my friends more than anything, with a glance at the clock I grabbed my phone and pressed Amy's contact picture. It was from when we had taken a trip to Disney World and were in front of Cinderella's castle and were smiling so big our faces almost exploded.

I moved over to the small balcony attached to my room and sat down on one of the chairs.

"Hello?"

"Alex!"

"Oh my gosh, Jessie! How is California? Is it awesome? We all miss you so much back here!"

"I miss you guys too! California is great, I guess."

"Oh come on now, California is better than I guess!" I heard Grace yell from somewhere in the room.

"Grace! I didn't know you were there!"

"Oh yeah, I was being ninja like and listening.."

"You go girl!" I laughed.

"Anyway, Grace told us you had told her that you had a hot neighbor. Is it true?"

"You could say so,"

"Hey, I think I'm pretty hot!" Cody calls from his balcony that faces me. I hadn't realize he was there and could hear our conversation.

"Was that him? He sounds hot, who is it? What's his name?"

"That idiot is Cody. He was listening in, like a bad boy!" I said loudly so Cody could definitely hear.

"Woah there Jess. I'm not a bad boy!"

"Sure you're not."

"He sounds familiar, does he have an Australian accent?" Alex asks.

"Oh um yeah.."

"DO YOU LIVE NEXT TO SOMEONE FAMOUS? THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!" I hear Lauren shout to the phone.

"Geez, Lauren, chill, when did you get there?" I asked.

"Oh like right now. I just got here!" Lauren says happily.

I frown and don't say anything, they were all friends and could hang out but if I hadn't called, they would have been without me and I would be alone.

"I invited them all over, since we hadn't talked to you in forever!" Alex erases my fears.

I smiled and we continued talking. 

"Wait. I just had an epiphany. Is that Cody Simpson?" Gracel asks.

"Umm," I look over to his room and see that he is walking back out.

"I don't mind them knowing," He says.

"Yes," I reply and hear their screams.

"You do live next to someone famous!!"

I laughed and listened as they freaked out. It suddenly became aware to me that I was sitting out on my balcony in my flannel PJs and T-shirt and Cody Simpson was across from me in just some PJ bottoms. No shirt. Holy cow. I tried not to stare, but come on, his abs like scream look at me.