Day Back

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"HA! EAT THAT, DEMETRIA!"

"You're cornered, Dee. I apologize. But this is what it must come to. There can only be one survivor."

"You have no other choice, kid. You're a goner. How unfortunate."

"Tch. How unfortunate, indeed," I state. I look up at Tim, a smirk planting itself on my face. "For you." I reach into my hand, grabbing the item and slamming it down on the living room table. "PLUS TWO, DRAKE!"

"FUCK!" Tim screams, throwing himself onto his back while throwing his cards into the air in frustration.

"Draw 12, Drake," Damian taunts, smirking at the older boy.

"I hate it here," Tim growls, running his hands down his face in frustration, his voice muffled by his hands. "Why the hell am I playing this game with you two?"

"Tch. You're the one who recommended we play," Damian scoffs.

"And you're the one who taught us how to play," I remind him. "Oh. Also, Uno."

"Damian!" Tim screams, pushing himself up into a sitting position.

"What?" Damian growls.

"Why didn't you call 'No Uno' on her?!"

"What the hell is 'No Uno'?" Damian and I ask, cocking our eyebrows at the frustrated older boy.

"It's what you say to prevent someone from getting an Uno. You just have to say it before they get an actual Uno."

Damian and I stare at Tim, trying to process his words. "What?"

"That makes no sense at all," I comment.

"I agree," Damian says, nodding his head. "These city games are strange."

"How does that not make sense? You just have to be fast," Tim retorts.

"But if multiple people know that the person will have an Uno at their turn, wouldn't the opponent be able to 'no Uno' them, instantly?" I ask.

"They have to put the card down first."

"It's quite easy to be mistaken as 'being first' to say the word and overriding the opponent."

"Not for us, of course," Damian adds. "Only for those with an undersupply of brain cells." Damian pauses, making eye contact with Tim, slowly putting his gaze back onto his cards. "Draw 12, Drake."

"You're annoying," Tim growls, grabbing his scattered cards and starting to draw 12.

As I watch Tim grumble to himself while angrily grabbing cards to add to his once small hand, Damian grabs the box that held the cards. Turning the box upside down, a piece of paper with words falls out. Curious, he reads it, only for his eyebrows to furrow as a result.

"What's wrong?" I ask him, leaning towards him, looking over his shoulder to read the paper.

"Drake," Damian announces, waving the paper. "Why do the rules say to not stack plus two's?"

"That's not part of the rules?" I ask, taking the paper from Damian. "We can reverse a plus two? Why are we playing it differently?"

"Because Uno doesn't know how to play their own game," Tim complains. "It's your turn, Damian."

"Why don't we play the official version?" I ask.

"Because it's stupid."

"It may be beneficial for you," Damian pushes.