Surprise

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"IF I COULD FLY INTO THE SKY! DO YOU THINK TIME, COULD PASS ME BY—"

"TURN THIS SHIT OFF!"

"NO! EYES ON THE ROAD!"

"DEE! GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME!"

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF THE RADIO!"

At first, I was totally against having Damian drive, but then I became content with the idea when I turned on the radio. Sitting in the passenger seat, I watched the view pass by. I stare at the people, cars, and buildings that move in a blur. The sound of cars passing by filled the silence, along with the man on the radio talking to some woman about a random murder they came across. It was nothing real, if it was, we would know about it, but they had mentioned how it was a murder that had happened many years ago—before Damian and I were born. It was quite interesting, to say the least. It was nothing that we deem as important or ear-catching, but it's enough to be tolerable.

After their conversation about what seems like forever, the radio's atmosphere changed. Instead of talking about murder and other topics, I began to hear a more upbeat tone. That's when it all started.

"You're listening to 247.5 Secsties Station. Presenting only the hottest beats. Now let's take it back to the good old days. Back 1000 Miles!" the voice on the radio says.

Damian and I stare at the radio in confusion. What happened to the murder podcast? What's 1000 miles? What the hell is a Secsties? That's when the music began to play before we could completely wrap our heads around it.

Our eyes widen at the song, realizing what it is. It's the song that Jon would sing a lot when we were younger.

"Oh god," Damian whispers after listening to the first few lines.

As for me, my instant reaction was to join the radio.

That's how we had ended up fighting over the radio. Damian has one hand on the wheel while the other one fight with me.

"Eyes on the road, idiot! Before we all die!"

"I'll die from this horrendous song!" he argues. He forcefully moves to the side, accidentally turning the wheel with him. "Shit."

"Dami!"

Damian quickly turns the wheel, putting him back on the road. Cars honk and people scream in horror from Damian's movement.

"Are you crazy?" I scold. "Wait. Don't answer."

"Tch."

I take a deep breath in, leaning into my seat. I close my eyes but open them back up in confusion. I stare at the radio, noticing that the song is no longer playing. "What did you do to the radio, Dami?" I complain.

"Nothing," he argues. "Sadly, I did not actually turn off the contraption."

"Then what happened?"

"That was 1000 Miles! Now a word from our sponsors! Do you experience horrible headaches and nausea? Well, you and your loved ones might be eligible—"

"What the hell are we listening to?" I asked, grimacing at the sponsor.

"The troubles of having a family?" Damian answers unsurely while staring at the road. "We're here."

My eyes dart to the front, finding the large building with the 'W' at the very top. "Hello, Wayne Enterprises. It looks the same."

"Did you expect something different?"

"Maybe a little remodeling. Maybe we'll see something new when we reach the front."

Damian continues to drive, eventually parking right in front of the company. He turns the car off, sliding out of the vehicle.