Chapter 2

Chapter 2

     I was just about ready to wrap my hands around this guy’s neck. But before I reached him, it seemed like everyone was on me holding me back. “Gridlock, what do you mean your mate?” Morgana asked the guy.

     Gridlock, what a name, I huffed as he closed his eyes. “Smell her Morgana, at last I have found the missing piece to my life. She will deliver for me the last of my powers. I must have her now.” 

     “Oh hell no” I heard my buddies yell out in unison. “Damn straight, it’s about time you yahoos got a clue. Listen hear you little punk. That girl upstairs is my little girl. She is only going to be 4 years old.” The leeches froze in shock.

     “If she’s only 4 why can Gridlock already sense her as his mate?” Charger asked looking puzzled.

    Morgana walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. “He is a warlock. He can claim his mate at any age. It will not be a sexual connection if she is young. He will protect her.” She tried to reassure me.

     The guy seemed to be itching to run upstairs. I could see it in the way his jaw was set tight. He was really getting mad. So I sent him an image of me ripping him to shreds if he touched my baby girl. Shit, shit the image had her at the age she is now. So he knows she is not a baby. Morgana froze him as he was getting ready to take the stairs. “What is going on? The image you sent him was not of a 4 year old. How old is this child?”

     I looked at Serenity in defeat and she walked over to me. “Strange things have been happening in the last week. From what we can calculate, some children are growing about two years a day while others one year a day. We think she should be about 16 or 17 years now.” She told them.

     Morgana walked over to Serenity and me. She put her hand on each of our shoulders. “I am very sorry this has happened. I fear it is my entire fault. For you see I banished Satanica to hell. Yet it seems it was your nemesis The Dark One, who wanted her there. In my rage to protect my brother Gridlock, I did not realize it. If I am correct, another threat on humanity may be upon us. With the joined forces of those two. It must have been a necessity to speed up the growth of your offspring. Since they have the power to help in this fight.” She then looked at her brother.

     “As for Gridlock, he will need to mate your daughter. He must claim her as his in order to get his full powers. He will in turn share his powers with her. It cannot be avoided now that he has found her.”

     My heart felt as if it would burst from my chest. No, it can’t be. I was having a hard time trying to get used to losing my little girl. Now I have to fear losing my young lady. Serenity turned in my arms and hugged me as I held her close to me. I could feel her trying to give me her reassurance as I also felt her pain mingle with mine. All that kept going through my head was I’m not ready, not ready.

     I remembered holding that little pink bundle in my arms for the very first time. She was so small I feared I would crush her. She was crying and I felt a tear roll from my eyes. It landed on her arm and she instantly stopped crying and her little face turned up to me. It was at that moment I was a goner. For this little girl was part me and part Serenity. She filled a space in my heart I didn’t even know was still empty. She completed out family.

     Now she was going to leave me. “Logan baby, don’t look at it that way. Did I leave my parents? I am still here were they can see me, talk to me.”

     “Yeah, but you don’t live with them.” I shot back. “So you are saying you want to move in with my parents.” Serenity said with a smirk.

     “Oh hell no, but I don’t want her to leave.” I insisted.

     To my horror it was at that time that Daisy chose to come down stairs. “Mom is there anything to eat.”  She froze as she reached the landing and saw Gridlock just frozen there. The look in her eyes was terrifying. The next thing I know she shifted and was in front of him ready to protect her mate.

     “Baby calm down” creeping up to her slowly and very gently I stroked her fur.

     ‘Mate, he is my mate daddy. Who hurt him? I will rip who ever hurt him to shreds.” I was taken aback by the ferocity in her mind link. I have never seen my daughter like this.  

    “I am Morgana, sister to Gridlock your mate. I was forced to freeze him because we thought you were a child.”  

     ‘Who told you I was a child?’ Daisy mind linked her but her block was off so we could all hear. Crap, all eyes turned to me and then I heard Daisy’s growl as she turned to me.

     “It was all happening to fast honey. Shift back so Morgana can unfreeze your mate. Serenity get the girl some clothes. Better yet go to your room and come down when you’re all covered up.” I heard another growl before she turned and went up the stairs.

     I walked over to the punk “you keep your hands off my baby girl. I cannot keep you from her. But I’ll be dammed if I let you mate her in my house.” To my horror I heard Tom chuckle in my head. Damn, mind link. I blocked everyone from my head as I still glared at the guy. Morgana unfroze him just as Daisy made her way downstairs. Crap if she didn’t look older than she did this morning.

     She stopped at the lading of the stairs and Gridlock walked to her.  He reached out his hand and I could see my babies hand was trembling as she placed hers in his. “Mate” they said in unison, as I tried so hard not to cry.

Daisy’s POV

     He was perfect. More than I would or could have ever imagined my mate to be. We sat down for lunch and he held my hand through the whole thing. He would mind link me every little while that I smelled nice. That I was so pretty, that he had been looking for me for the longest time. I could feel myself blush since it was obvious to everyone we were talking to each other through mind link.

     I snapped back to the conversation when Charger said they were leaving. “We only came to give you a heads up about what was happening. We are going to try to get to middle earth and see what we can find out. We will not have entrance into hell for another 2 days.” I turned to look at Gridlock and he bent to kiss my hand.

     “I will be back in two days my love.” I could see the pain in his eyes because he was going to leave me. But hell no, he is not going without me. He is mine, my mate. So I got up.

     “I am going with you, where ever you go I go.” His eyes shined in happiness. Sighing, I turned to dad. “We all knew this was a possibility. Even if no one voiced it, he cannot let him leave without me.”

     “But honey” dad started to say and I walked over to him.

     “Daddy, I will always be your little girl. But he needs me more than you do.” I hugged him and he dropped his mind link in time for me to hear him say ‘don’t go.’

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Sniff, sniff…..