Chapter 5 (part 2)

Chapter 5 (part 2)

While Logan was still contemplating the murder of Gridlock young Brandon was feeling his hormones raging. He couldn’t talk to his mother Destiny or his father Kevin. All they tell him is that life is well life and there is a plan for everyone. What the heck is that supposed to mean?

He walked away from the pack house and shifted. A run, what he needed was to burn off all his pent off energy. So he did just that. He ran as fast as his legs would carry him. He ran so fast he could feel the burn throughout his whole body. He had no sense of direction, he just ran.

Well that is until he literally stopped from the smell that hit him. His body lurched forward and he ended up smashing into a tree. Feeling a little dazed and confused, he shook his head to regain clarity.  Then he took another lung full of air. The smell had him howling for all he was worth.

He took off running and his body shook as he got closer to the smell. By now it was nearing midnight but the moonlight made for the perfect backdrop as he gazed at his future. Walking out of the river before him he saw a goddess. He stood there completely naked hiding in the bushes as he gazed upon the beauty.

He followed the rivulets of water as they cascaded from her hair down her breasts and down to the apex of her sex. He sniffed again trying this time to scent if others were around. No matter how much he tried, there was no other smell but hers. Driven only by his need to claim his mate, Brandon stepped out of his hiding spot.

The scream that left the girl as she tried to cover herself made him realize his mistake.  “Wait please calm down. I’m not going to hurt you.” He raised his hands to show he meant no harm. Alas he forgot he was covering his, well hell that just made her scream more.  Then the worst thing happened, she took off running.

He mind linked her not to run but she did. He took off unable to control his wolf. The last thing he remembered was the flavor bursting in his mouth. It was then that he was able to stop his wolf, since the flavor was different. He sealed his mark and realized she wasn’t moving. He could hear the beat of her heart but she was unresponsive.

He took off running and mind linked his mother.

……………

Back at the pack house they were all gathered trying to figure out how Daisy had frozen her father.

“Can you imagine her power once she mates you Gridlock? If she can do this now on her own. There’s no telling what she will do later.” Morgana told her brother, when they heard Destiny’s frantic voice.

“Where are you Brandon?” They were all left just listening to a one sided conversation since Destiny had her minds link blocked. “Sweetie, calm down. Brandon please calm down and listen to your mom.” They were all standing around waiting to see what happened. “Teleport baby, we’re in the pack house.”

Everyone watched on as Destiny ran around collecting two blankets. Then she tossed everything that was on the couch. “What’s happening?” Kevin asked but before she could answer the air shimmered and there stood a bloody Brandon with an equally bloody girl.

As everyone froze Destiny tossed the blanket over the girl in the arms of her son. “Take her Kevin.” The moment he tried Brandon lurched forward.

They all turned when Logan laughed. When all eyes were on him he shrugged. “What; I didn’t want anyone to take Serenity out of my arms either.”’ He walked forward and smacked Brandon on the back. “Let your dad take whom I presume is your mate. Go get cleaned up and dressed. You are in major trouble young man.”

Brandon did as he was told and handed his mate over to his father. It took all his strength to leave her in order to go get cleaned up. So with a last kiss to her forehead, he shimmered to his home.

Once Logan was sure he was gone, he freaked. “Holy fucking hell, crap, oh man, oh man.” He repeated as he paced back and forth.

“Logan, what’s wrong?” Serenity asked as she walked over to him. She tried to put her arms around him in a comforting gesture but he broke free.

“Are you people for real?” They all looked on in surprise. “Smell her.” He screamed as he pointed to the limp body in his pack house. He looked on in amazement as it took them several sniffs before they figured it out. Destiny gasped in horror and covered her mouth with her hand.

…….

Brandon was showering as fast as he could and dressed in sweats. He didn’t worry about drying his body or anything. He needed to get to his mate. She was all that mattered to him now. It felt like an eternity had gone by, but when he finally shimmered to the pack house. When he arrived it was to find a full house. Everyone was there.

He turned to his parents whom looked at him with shocked eyes. Then their Alpha approached him. “Brandon, are you aware that you have marked a human.”