CHAPTER SEVEN

Jace POV

Damn that Piper and her Charmspeak.   The moment Piper shouted, Jace felt like someone injected him with a truck load of caffeine, 50 times. He had rushed down the stairs even before it registered in his brain that Piper shouted.

He was about to tell her off when he noticed the Mantid demons.

"MANTID DEMONS!!! ALEC!!! I THOUGHT YOU SAID MAGNUS WARDED THE INSTITUTE!!!! "

"MORE THAN THAT!! HOW COULD THEY HAVE ENTERED?? ONLY NEPHILIM CAN OPEN THE DOOR!!!" Emma screamed.

"Uhh... Technically they broke the door... " Jason said.

Jace shot him a glare. "Not helping... " He muttered.

"Emma!! Take Christina with you to the weapons room. Grab as many seraph blades as you can!!! These guys need it!!" Alec shouted.

Emma nodded and ran up the stairs, Christina in tow.

"What are we supposed to do till then?" Percy asked, Riptide in his hands.

"Use your powers!! See if one of you guys have an advantage over this demon" Jace replied, cutting off the head of the first demon.

He rolled away as the body fell. He stabbed it, and watched it vanish.

Percy rushed over to him, and both started hacking their way through the surge of demons. The cold of the battle settled on Jace, and he fell into a pattern with Percy.

Percy would summon water and confuse the demon, trying to drown it while Jace used his seraph blades to hack and slash and stab the demon.

He grinned. "Other than the burning demon blood, I could get used to this"

Jace smirked. "Oh.. Wait until you see the messier demons. "

Suddenly, an idea struck him. He whirled towards Percy as he stabbed another demon.

"You said you could control any form of liquid right?" He asked.

Percy shrugged. "As long as it's more liquid than anything, I can yes. Why?"

"See if you can control the demon's blood" Jace said, stabbing another one.

Percy grinned. "I like the way you think"

He concentrated, and in a split second all the demons stopped attacking, and shrieked in pain.

Isabelle whirled to face Percy.

"Are you doing this?"

Percy smirked. "I am so behind this"

Emma bounded down the stairs, and threw seraph blades to all the demigods. Percy caught one, and faced Jace.

"I can only keep them in pain for so long. How do I.. Activate it?"

"Call out the name of an angel"

"I don't know any angelic names"

Jace sighed. Maybe tomorrow... Or is it today? Maybe today he could teach Percy how to use a seraph blade.

"Just say... Uriel"

"Uriel" The blade flared to life in his hand. Percy threw the seraph blade at the nearest demon. The demon hissed, disappearing.

"Sweet!!" He exclaimed.

All the demigods and shadowhunters soon killed all the demons.

........................................................................

Percy POV

Once Percy finished killing the demons, he flopped down on the Institute floor, exhausted. All of his friends and the shadowhunters looked as bad as he felt.

"Piper.... By the angel I swear, if you use your charmspeak again I'm going to fling myself off the Eiffel Tower" Jace muttered.

Piper shrugged

"I couldn't do anything, and besides, did you want me to let those... Demons wake you up?"

Percy chuckled weakly. They were all so tired and they had to train with the shadowhunters.

Piper looked around, and he saw guilt in her eyes. Oh gods...

"Beauty queen don't you.. " Leo started, apparently guessing what Percy thought.

"EVERYONE SLEEP!!!" She screamed, Charmspeak overloading.

Percy immediately collapsed into deep slumber.