Chapter 6

I woke up the next morning with the sun shining endlessly through my window. I must have forgotten to shut my curtains last night before I sleep. I realize I woke up with a smile on my face. I must have dreamed of him last night - I just wish I could remember what it was about.

I instinctively check my phone. 12:34. Well, at least I slept in today. Its only Saturday - good thing I still have two days until school,  I remember with a pain in my head knowing I will have to go to school in only two days - that dreadful place.

I roll out of bed and throw on a sweatshirt and head to the bathroom. After I finish my morning routine, I check my phone once more. Kira still hasn't responded to me. I sigh as I wonder what else I can even do.

Maybe last night was the only time and the last time I will ever see him. As I think about that, I feel a devastatingly crushing feeling in my chest and I wonder why that is happening. I still dont understand these feelings. I wish I knew.

It seems as if no one is doing anything today, so I just lay back in bed and flip my tv on and start watching some show that was on the food network. After only about five minutes of watching it, it makes me realize that I haven't eaten yet and I am starving.  I make my way out to the kitchen where my mom is sitting on the couch, watching her show - whatever new show she is watching this week. She acknowledges me by looking up and meeting my eyes.

I go to the fridge and take a look around but dont find anything appealing so I settle for two pepperoni hot pockets from the freezer. I put them in the microwave and try to focus on what new show she is watching until the microwave beeps at me to let me know my food is done. I take it out and put it on a plate and head back to my room.

I try to function normally for the next few hours but I realize I cant get him out of my head. He is consuming my mind and all my thoughts. That is when I decide that if Kira has decided she isn't going to text me back, then I will have to take a different route. I have to know him. I think it is beyond making the choice anymore. My mind and heart are both agreeing on this now - which is a very rare thing. My mind and heart almost never agree. So I know what I have to do.

I pull my phone off the charger and open Facebook. I clear my notifications full of comments and game invites. Nothing worth looking at. I tap my finger onto the search bar at the top of the page and hesitate before typing anything in. Am I going too far with this? This may seem a little odd and creepy to him, or to anyone. I dont think anyone else would understand. I have to know him. He is intriguing, mesmerizing, remarkable. He has to at least know that.

I begin to type his name in before I realize I dont even know his last name. I think harder. Matt. Matt. Matt what? I dont think Kira or him mentioned his last name last night. Fuck. I am just going to have to go with his first name and weed through the search results until I hopefully find him. This could take awhile.

I hit enter on my phone and wait as the search results are loading. When they finally appear, there are thousands of results. Yes, this is definitely going to take awhile. I scroll down the page looking at the profile picture of each person and after going through what seems like hundreds, I am starting to lose hope.

That's when I see it. His face in the little square picture. Matt Nichols. His last name is Nichols. Somehow just knowing his last name makes me even happier. I click on his profile and start to take a look around. It says he is from Muscatine. He must have lived there before Oakville. His birthday is July 25th. That is coming up soon. I wonder how old he is. I look to try and find the year but he doesnt have it listed. I look through his friends, trying to see if we know any of the same people. Our only mutual friend is Kira. Hmm. Lastly, I click on the photos tab of his page to go through his pictures. He only has a few. His profile picture is just how I remember him. He is flawless. Wearing a black shirt and a blue hat, not entirely looking at the camera. It looks as if he is just sitting in a chair or on a couch.