Chapter 3

Despite the harshness of my words earlier, and I'm still surprised that I've said it out loud to my favorite singer, I sat in awe watching her change into another personality in just a split second. It was like the last three minutes never happened.

Dapat siguro nag-artista ka nalang, girl.

Halsey led most of the conversations, bringing up projects that she's been brewing with the band and surprise MV's that they plan to do as a thank-you gift to their fans. She keeps on smiling and touching Elton intentionally.

I snort in my soup.

Mas bagay pa rin si Elton at Stormie.

Napailing ako nang maalala ang dalawa. Whatever happened to them? Sayang naman. With their god-like faces, they'll breed the most gorgeous babies in this planet. Though my Castian remains the most handsome little creature in my eyes.

"I'm planning to host an exhibit with the Wright Art House." Rigor said when Halsey asked him what he's up to. Bumagsak ang kamay niya nang hindi sinasadya sa akin, so I looked down. Mukhang hindi niya naman ito napansin. I guess he's gotten so used to it that it becomes a second nature. "For the Save Smiles organization. They help out cancer kids."

Umusbong ang matinding galak sa dibdib ko nang marinig iyon mula sa kaniya. I feel so proud for him, but I didn't dare turn. Alam kong nakatitig siya sa akin, naghihintay ng reaksyon. Ramdam ko ang bigat ng tingin niya kaya inabot ko ang tubig upang pakalmahin ang sarili.

"Wow! That's so great!" pumalakpak pa si Halsey. She offered the praise that Rigor has been waiting from me.

He peels his gaze off me and smiled politely at the woman across him. Halsey places her hand on top of Elton's, startling him. "We should do something like that, right, Philo?"

Gusto kong matawa sa gulat na mukha ni Elton, na para bang hindi niya inaasahang hahawakan ulit siya ni Halsey. When I looked down, Rigor is kicking his cousin under the table.

"Uhm..." Elton cleared his throat, awkwardly removing his hand away from her. "Sure. After all the ongoing projects, I'll talk to my manager about it."

The dinner went on. When the waiter came for the bills, Halsey asked him if he could take a picture of us. I want to sound my protest, but both men agreed so I was left with no choice but to smile timidly as the camera snaps. Magkatabi kaming dalawa ni Rigor habang si Elton at Halsey naman. She puts her hand on Elton's arm on the last minute and I hope to God the camera captured his frown because that would be so funny.

Nang mabayaran ay nagsitayuan na kami at lumabas. The restaurant seemed pretty normal to me, except for some customers who instantly recognized the two hotties I am with. Halsey excluded. May agarang nagpa-picture sa kanila at ang iba'y nanghihingi pa ng autograph. Halsey made sure to link her arms with Elton as he entertained his fans. Rigor smiled politely to those who recognized his artworks and promised they would buy at his next exhibit.

It took us a while before we finally got out. Nakasunod ako kay Rigor at nagulat nang bigla akong tabihan ni Elton.

"You drove here, Czarina?"

I nod in response, glancing at Halsey. She's already glaring at me. I want to poke my tongue out at her but instead smiled sweetly and turn to Elton.

"So, you don't need a ride, then?"

"Kaya ko namang magmaneho pauwi, tsaka hindi naman ako nakainom."

Tinanguan niya ako at nang marating ang parking lot ay nagpaalam na silang dalawa sa amin. Ihahatid ni Elton si Halsey sa condo niya dahil wala itong dalang kotse. Rigor has his own car. Any offer for a ride home will be instantly rejected because Kyros' car is waiting for me. Kinawayan ko si Elton bago ito pumasok sa sariling sasakyan.