Chapter 2 {Trade}

"Thy soul is connected to mine, for thee are a wonder created by nature and pleasantly dumped into my life."

-for Amara, my soul, and my heart.

❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃*❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃

The convent she had spent almost the whole of her childhood in was burning up and Annabeth couldn't do anything. And to worsen the guilt she was feeling, she knew that Marie was one of the many who had burned up in the convent. Including girls and nuns. She had not only caused a gigantic fire, burning down a building with many innocent lives but also now was overcome with grief and guilt. She remembered the promise Marie had asked her to make. Those were the last words she had ever spoken to Annabeth. Annabeth, without realizing had sunk down to her knees, her nightgown forming a pool of cloth around her. She sniffled, her mind forming images of Marie feeding her that horrible porridge, of Dru giving her flowers tied in white cotton ribbon- presenting as a bouquet. All of her memories were burning up as she watched the building burn, horrible wails coming from inside. But Annabeth had promised Marie she would run. Run to safety. She owed her that much. So, slowly but surely, Annabeth rose to her legs and started to limp through the woods.

She walked, for how long she wasn't sure, until a camp of tents, a trade market, came into view. There were horses there. She could steal one of them and ride to.... She didn't know where. She had forgotten how the palace looked, even though Marie had told her stories every night. The gears in her brain started to whir. She could pretend she was a village girl who needed rescuing. She certainly was dressed like one. But the news of the fire could have broadened to the country. The assassins had found their way, why wouldn't the whole country know by now. Her mother can be searching. She didn't know if she was. But Annabeth hoped she was because Annabeth didn't know for how long she could keep walking (more like limping). Her throat was dry and her limbs were sore. Thus, Annabeth decided, approaching the people of the trade market would be the best solution. She definitely did not want anyone to recognize her but it would have been obvious, was it not for her dusty and torn nightgown, because of her hair and her eyes. She loved the unique color they were but now it would just cause a disaster. She slowly approached the tents, walking as cautiously as she could. Grey eyes, blonde hair she heard someone whisper but Annabeth didn't dare turn back and tried to convince herself that it was paranoia. She walked- head held high, body hanging lowly and dragging her feet, trying to add a dramatic effect until a hand grabbed her wrist and pulled her inside a tent.

______________________________________________________

" Did the convent really burn down?" a dark-skinned girl kneeled in front of Annabeth. As Annabeth slowly adjusted her eyes to the darkness, she saw details of the girl. She had a halo of cinnamon brown curls swinging around her shoulders. Her eyes were gold and had tiny specks of hazel sparkling. Golden eyes. Annabeth was sure she had seen them somewhere. Somewhere very near her heart.

Marie had gold eyes too. One of the only faces Annabeth had studied for many years. Marie had a daughter when she and Annabeth had left for the convent. A young daughter. Probably two years younger than Annabeth. She had to leave her mother, only to find out that she dies in a fire trying to save Annabeth's life. Annabeth remembered playing with a bundle of curls but it was a foggy memory. Like a cloud had settled over her mind. She tried remembering her name but it was far out of reach. The memories of three girls playing played across her mind. In the snow, the three snow angels sprawled as girls ran over them, covering the imprints of small bodies with tiny footprints. Then the image of Marie telling her about the castle, subtly mentioning her daughter- Hazel. 

 A/N: AS I AM NOT UNCLE RICK, I DO NOT OWN THE CHARACTERS.

I wanna give amara a shout-out for just telling me how much this story sucked but also for helping me with this chapter. should i include Reyna? (as if i have an audience but whateva)

lots of luv

ღღღღ