Drunk

A/N: My (bad) attempt at angst. This takes place during the Tournament of Elements. It's probably not considered angst. But it's definitely not fluff. Eh heh heh heh. Beware the cringe. YoU hAvE bEeN wArNeD. 

Jay's POV 

I don't know how many times my mug got refilled, just that my vision was getting blurry and my mind foggy. I didn't even know how I got here or why I was here. 

"Jay!"

I ignored the voice.

Somebody snatched my mug out of my hands. 

"Heyyyy," I mumbled, making a blind fumble for it.

"Jay, what are you doing here?" 

I turned a little on the stool to see a red figure standing there, visibly fuming. He had my mug.

"I dunno," I slurred, wobbling a little. 

Kai huffed and grabbed my arm, dragging me off of the stool and out of the bar. "What were you thinking?" he hissed once we were out. 

"I dunno," I said again, stumbling forward. 

"Kai, what- oh crud." 

A green figure was suddenly there. "Heyyy Lloyyyd," I slurred.

"We need to take him to his room or something," Kai said, his voice irritated. "Here, you're the leader, you take him." I was shoved toward Lloyd and he caught me by my arms, holding me at arms' length like a dirty sock. 

"But I can't stay there! I don't want to deal with a drunk, annoying Jay who's eventually going to barf everywhere!"

"Well, I'm not staying either." 

"Seriously, you two are such babies. I'll take him," a female voice cut in. 

"Nyyaaaa," I said, swiveling around. "Hiii."

"Yeah, hi Jay," Nya said. "Now come on! I managed to get away, we need to hurry."

"Ooooh, we going to ma roooooom?" I said. "There lotta stuff we can do in ma rooooooooom. Ma bed is soooooo soft and fluuufyyyyy and we can-"

"DUDE SERIOUSLY?" Kai bellowed. "THAT'S MY SISTER!" Nya shushed him.

"I knowwww," I said, getting a little confused.

"C'mon Jay, let's go," Nya muttered. Suddenly I was being pulled away, tripping over my own feet. 

Soon we were in my room and I stumbled over to my bed. "C'mon Nyaaaaa, come lay with meeeeee." I patted the space beside me. 

"Jay." 

"Hmmm?"

"Cut this out."

"You look sooooooo pretty tonight," I slurred. "Where'd ya get that dress?"

"Why did you get drunk?"

"I'm not drunk," I said, outraged, sitting up. 

"Okay, why did you drink all of that beer?" Nya crossed her arms. 

"Someone said they thought I needed it," I told her. "They said it would help with bad feeeeeeliiiiings." 

Nya sighed. "Why did you think you needed it?"

"'Coz I still haven't gotten over my broken heart. Y'know, the one that you broke, right here." I slammed my fist against my chest. "I fig'ered maybe it was time to get over it. Over yoouuu. I still can't believe you listened to a stupid machine of who you should date instead of your heart. I still can't believe you found my best friend more appealing than me. Ha. I never could compete with him in the first place. I don't know why I was surprised. Of course you would go to my best friend instead of me because I'm just a nobody from a junkyard that you can throw out with the rest of the trash."

Nya stumbled back. "Jay..."

"S'okay. I'm over it now. That guy that told me to go to the bar was riiiiight. I feel no heartbreak, but..." I paused. "I don't feel anything else either. Tha's weeeiiirrrd, man." I felt all woozy, and my eyelids started to flutter. 

"Jay! Jay what's going on?"

I could barely hear her, but I didn't have to worry about that. Everything went black, and I was drifting away from my emotions, away from the Tournament, away from the unstable team... 

And away from the girl who shattered my heart.  

My bad attempt at angst was shorter than I wanted it to be, but... yeah. Fingers crossed that I'll do better in the future. I'm planning on doing a jealousy one next, or maybe something where Jay is all overprotective... or both combined... hmmm... anyways, peace out!