The Halloween Party

—Allison's POV

     We scrambled into the town. Then there was a disaster of a conversation with what I now take to be a fake cop, who Max tried to convince that the witches were back with the whole ass story. The "cop" asked her if she was a virgin to which she said "Do you want me to get it tattooed on my forehead!?" To which I admit I did laugh. The "cop" scoffed, called us punks and we ran away after he yelled at us. 

  As we went further into town I just stayed in my head, running alongside Max.

    So far Max has been great with this whole ordeal. She's gotten us through it so far. Other than Binx, she's like the leader of the group. I must admit she is rather charming. She seems toned from sports maybe, her brunette hair falls adorably on her shoulders and her chocolate brown eyes I could just get lost in. On top of everything she decided to wear a costume that definitely showed off her abs, so that's a plus. 

      I snap back to reality as we all run into the town hall to look for Max's parents. I guess it's a Halloween party tonight because almost everyone is here wearing costumes. I look down to see that Max had grabbed my hand. I didn't want to remove my hand. 

"How are we gonna find mom and dad in this place!" Max yells over the music.

The band on stage was fittingly singing Witchcraft by Frank Sinatra.

We all look for the parents until Max runs into her father dressed as a vampire which startles both of them. Our hands break apart.

"Woah. Dad!"

  "It's not dad. It's dad- ula." Her dad says in an accent like Count Chocula.(90s Halloween cereal mascot) 

"Oh my God. Who might this gorgeous blood donor be?" He kissed my hand.

Max rolls her eyes. Cute. Why am I thinking these things? I can't be gay. Can I?

"Allison dad, her name is Allison." 

"hmmm." 

"Dad, something terrible has happened!"

"Dani! Where..."

"She's fine dad." He looks around the room for her.  

"Good."

   Then Dani runs up to us with who I guess was their mom dressed as Madonna. Soon everyone is talking over each other and i'm just trying to keep an eye out for the sisters, especially Sarah. She seemed to be very into Max and I wasn't having it.

Just as I predicted I spot the sisters moving through the crowd. I pull at Max's arm and gesture towards the sisters.

"Max, look."

    She looks over and immediately runs up to the stage. As she makes her way up to the band starts to play "I Put a Spell on You". I tried to stop Max, but I was too late. Once she made her way up, she took the mic from the lead singer and told the story of how she brought the witches back from the dead and that their children were in trouble. Obviously no one believed her.

"Thank you Max! For that marvelous introduction."

It was Winifred. The spotlight moved to her. She began singing and everyone was immediately enraptured with her. 

 "I put a spell on you, and now your'e mine." She singsonged. 

Max managed to get off stage as the sisters went on and again Dani tried to convince her parents that those really were the Sanderson sisters on stage. It didn't work. We also tried telling them not to listen to the witches, but that didn't work.

"Let's get out of here." Max told us and we all began pushing our way through the crowd of people. All the while we made sure not to pay attention to the witch's voices. 

  Billy missed us a couple times and then we finally made it outside and ran into an alley way to hide. Dani was with Binx, and Max and I were together. We all hid behind old appliances. As Max and I were hiding I felt myself leaning into her. She held me with one arm as she kept watch. Soon enough she ducked and I heard the sisters approaching. Oh shit.