7.

After having a hot shower, I slipped into my hoodie and shorts. I have calmed down already.

I sat on my bed, leaned my back on the headboard, and hugged my pillow.

Kacchan left me for real.

I sighed, buried my head on the pillow, and scream.

"Damn you, Kacchan!"

Someone suddenly knocked on my door, and I'm a hundred percent sure that it was Toge. When I didn't reply, he opened it.

"Hi," I greeted him awkwardly.

He just smiled at me, went beside my bed, and put the tray containing two mugs on my bedside table.

Oh my goodness, this is so awkward. I avoided him for weeks and then he saw me breaking down in the rain!

"Don't you have anything else to do? I might be disturbing you," I said.

He shook his head before grabbing the mugs and gave one to me. I reached for it, but my fingers accidentally touched his hand.

"Uh, thank you," I said after getting the mug containing hot choco.

Damn. I can feel my heartbeat starting to get faster.

This is wrong, very wrong! Kacchan just literally broke up with me, and a few hours later, here I am, staring at Toge.

"Why are you so kind to me?" I absentmindedly asked him.

I watched him put down his mug on the table before answering me.

"I care for you."

"But why? I avoided you for weeks!" I exclaimed.

"I don't care. It doesn't matter. I just want to always be here for you."

I chuckled and then put down my mug.

"Do you like me?" I asked him.

Wow, I can't believe myself. I literally just cried a few minutes ago, and here I am, asking him a weird question.

His eyes widened, and his cheeks started getting red. He didn't answer me.

"Oh my God. You like me!" I said and pointed at him while my other hand is covering my mouth.

"Okay! I like you. Is it a bad thing?"

"Nah, it's okay. But I'm sorry I can't return your feelings...yet," I said and murmured the last word.

"I totally understand, and I'm willing to wait for you until you finally moved on."

"Thank you, Toge," I whispered and held his hands.

My tears started flowing down my face. My heart hurts so much. Kacchan breaking up with me is something that I didn't expect to happen.

"Takana?" He said, asking me if I am okay.

"Hm, I'm fine. Sorry, it's just that I still can't accept it," I answered and wiped my tears.

I heard him sigh, then hugged me.

Just this once, I didn't hold back myself. I put my forehead on his shoulder and grip his shirt tightly.

Is this wrong? Am I cheating on Kacchan? It hasn't been a day yet, and I am hugging another man.

But I like Toge's warm embrace. I like how he silently whispers onigiri ingredients to my ears to calm me down.

I let him brush my hair using his fingers while still hugging me.

I wanted to tell him to stop doing things like this because I know that he keeps treating me like this, I will fall quickly.

Women can easily fall for a man like Toge. He's handsome, kind, understanding, intelligent, athletic, and the list of good traits about him could go on.

"I'm feeling dizzy," I whispered and sat properly.

He put the back of his right hand on my forehead, and after few seconds, his eyes widened.

He made me lay down and covered me with my blanket. After that, Toge went inside my bathroom.

After a few minutes, he went out while carrying a basin and a face towel.

"You should have told me earlier that you're sick!"

"I'm so sorry," I said.

I watched him dipped the towel on the basin and rolled it before placing it on my forehead.

When he finally settled down on the chair beside my bed, I held his wrist and closed my eyes.

"Please don't leave me," I sobbed.

"I won't, Y/N. Go to sleep," he said using his cursed speech technique while wiping the tears at the corner of my eyes.

"Thank you," I said one last time before sleep took over my system.

---

Note: Hiii! Sorry for the short and lame chapter (?) I was busy working on my research paper, and other stuff 🤧 Hope that you'll understand! I'll promise to do better next time (when my schedule isn't hectic anymore).