Tame: 4

"Oi. Get up. Up, now. Get up lazy. Hey, lazy, get up! Get up! God dammit get up! FARRAH GET UP!" My phone screamed. I rolled over and groaned, reaching out absent-mindedly to shut off my ridiculous alarm. I didn't want an alarm clock with their irritating ticking and ringing. So I recorded myself on my phone yelling at my morning self to get up. 

"Yeah, yeah, I hear you. Shut up." I grumbled, trying to turn off my alarm. My phone was so bright, and my eyes couldn't take it this early in the morning. I blinked and squinted but it was too bright. I sighed loudly, muffling my phone into my comforter. It still murmured the screams, but at least it wasn't booming in my ear.

I got up and grabbed some clothes for school. Luckily our school wasn't one to have a uniform, so I wore whatever. I picked up some skinny, blue, denim jeans from the floor. I looked for some flats but decided to just find some after I'd had my shower.  Even though I was short, and I hated my height, I refused to wear heels to make me appear taller. My clumsiness would always take over, and the last time I had worn heels, I fell into a puddle. Good times.

"Top...top, where is my green top?" I wondered aloud, kicking various piles of clothing out of the way to find the one top I needed. Unlike most people, I didn't keep the clothes I wanted to wear the next day on the end of my bed, or on top of my dresser. I threw them on the floor, mixed in with old, dirty clothes. Clever idea- if I were a monkey. 

I saw it and plucked it out from a mess of green, blue and white, heading to the shower. I hung my clothes from the towel rack, leaving the towel on the floor. I looked at the wall from where the towel rack hung, thinking that I needed another one. I stripped off my clothes still thinking about it. My dad had built that rack, and had promised to build me another. Too late now.

I showered away my morning smell, and the grimy, wake-up feeling I got after I had crawled out from my bed. I couldn't go a day without showering in the morning, or I felt like grease all day. I used my lemon scented shampoo and the matching bodywash, sniffing my hands contently. I loved lemon. Lemon bodywash, shampoo, cake, jello- you name something with lemon in it, and I'd probably love it. 

Stepping out of the white bathtub, I towel-dried myself, and slipped into my clothes. My bra straps were slipping down my shoulders, so I pulled them up as I hunted for shoes to go with my outfit. 

"Hmm...white shoes, brown sandals, brown slip-ons, black converse, red slip-ons..." I wondered. I chose the brown slip-ons, and grabbed a floral cardigan thing to go over my top. I wasn't the most fashionable person, but this was a good look on me. 

I was half-way through drying my long hair when a knock sounded at my door.

"Yeah?" I called over the loud noise of the blow-dryer. My Mom's head peeped through the door, as expected. Troy never knocked. 

"Hey honey. Nice outift." She nodded. I smiled to myself happily. Maybe I was just one of those people who only got into fashion in their late teens? 

"What do you need?" I asked, my voice loud and clear.

"Nothing, just heard something. Wanted to know if it was true." She smirked. 

"Oh God, what is it?" I mumbled, switching off the dryer. I unplugged it and placed it on top of my dresser, before looking at my Mom worriedly.

"Are you going on a date this Saturday?" She questioned.