C H AP T E R 1 7

"What?!" Sol exclaimed. Kasi naman itong si Ailleen bida-bida ng buhay.

"Bitter ka pa din ba kaya pati kaibigan ko inaaway mo!?" at isa pa itong parang Jollibee, feeling bida."Me? Bitter? May I remind you, I give way to you already. First, Jordi. Next, the spot in representing our section" Sol says with full of sarcasm. I can see na naiirita na siya since she stands up straight. I want to go with her and fight for her because she doesn't deserve those accusations. But, I know this isn't my fight. This is hers.

"Edi inamin mo din na bitter ka" and Ailleen smirk kapal talaga nito e.

"It wasn't called bitterness. I'm just being SELFLESS" may conviction na sabi ni Sol, deserve lang masyado kasing mayabang tong si Ailleen at ang mga alipores niya. "I have all the guts to fight for Jordi because, I'm the first one she liked. You're just next to me while in pageant almost all of our classmates chose me, even our adviser. But I manage to give way because this is the forte you want competition right?  because I know if I accepted the offer this will be a big discussions with you. Hindi ko naman alam na ganyan ka pala ka petty na even everything is all in you. Hindi ka matatapos kakaaway mo."  

"Now tell me am I the bitter one here?" I see the tensions in their eyes. They're looking eye to eye, both of their eyes are burning in anger.

"yes, you are? You just can't accept to be defeated" sagot naman ni Ailleen. Ano ba talagang pinaglalaban nito, I don't get it for real. "I'm saying this to you again, I have all the guts but despite that, I choose to give way because I don't want any commotions anymore. I don't accept the pageant because I don't think if I am deserving of that spot If I won the crown. I made a lot of mistakes, I have imperfections and flaws but I accepted them. I'm not sure if I am a good role model when we say role model you should be FAIR and always do the right thing.  But how the fuck could I always act right? If the people surround me always provoke me how could you do the right things. If the people surround you sees you as a competitor, always acting like everything is a competition and always have to win the crown? How could I do the right thing if that's the case? Now tell me Ailleen, are you a good role model? Do you deserve the crown?" that's the last thing we've heard from Sol, before she walked out.  Ailleens' face shows kung paano siya napahiya. She didn't expect na papatulan na siya nung tao. She walked out after Sol made her way out. But, there's one thing I'm sure of right now. Ailleen is crying mess with her alipores.

SOLEINA POV

After I say it all I felt relieved and disappointed in her. She should change her mindset. She always sees everyone as her competitor even though it's not. 

I went out and took a breather. Everything feels heavy. I should hold back in spitting words like that because I know I am not like that. It's just that, she have to hear everything, she has to wake up na hindi naman lahat ng bagay kailangan kompetisyon na hindi lahat ng tao nakikipagkompetensya sa galing niya. She's getting toxic and toxic. As I calmed myself, I go back to our room and settle in my chair.

I saw Jordi entered the classroom, he looks frustrated and has a bit of red eyes. He looked like he cried. But, it's not my concern anymore. I should learn not to cater the things which is out of my hands. 

After that class hours, I go home early.

I don't see them anymore. I only just bid goodbye to my friends then I left the school. It was a long day and I felt so tired. Tired of all the drama they created. I can't imagine that it is possible, that there's a person who will always look in every aspects of life as a competition.

As I got home. I took a bath and wear my comfy outfit. I grabbed my ball and go to the court for a quick practice. I thank god na it's malilom. I want to release my frustrations and anger so, I throw the ball in the board practice my skills on how I played back then. I tried the 3-point shot line. I tried and tried and tried. I just do whatever I want habang walang nakakakita. Habang walang tao, it is also to think. Sa sobrang dami pa ti ako nalilito. Siguro nga, there are a lot of thoughts I have to deal with. It made me think about what Ailleen says, na siguro nga sa kanya si Jordi. I was just a transferee, hindi ko rin alam kung may past ba sila. While I am playing for about 20 minutes and I try again the 3 point shot and it shoots! I've heard a voice.